Maintains all greenery and landscaping throughout the property including all maintenance of planters and water systems.
- Required 2-years previous experience in landscaping/gardening with appropriate certifications.
- Required valid California driver’s license.
- Required high school diploma or equivalent.
- Required previous experience with sprinkler systems.
- Must have solid knowledge and skill in the safe use of hand and power tools and other materials required to perform repair and maintenance tasks.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills.
Essential Job Functions:
- Keeps property and landscaping clean by inspecting property each morning.
- Performs necessary landscaping including mowing, tree/shrub trimming & plant care (inside & out).
- Empties outside trash containers daily.
- Wash trash cans as necessary for cleanliness and odor control.
- Physically walks the entire property and pick up all trash on grounds; this includes behind buildings and in shrubbery. Picks up all cigarette butts and disposes of them properly.
- Collects and disposes of all leaves, limbs, and refuse.
- Initiates or responds to work orders, assigned to staff as applicable, follow-up and verify completion of this work, and expedite and approve payment (in conjunction with Facility Manager) for completed work.
- Ensures accurate recordkeeping.
- Learns and retains location, operation and repair procedures of the property’s equipment.
- Displays and maintains a sense of urgency regarding all casino business.
- Visually inspect stools, equipment, or machines.
- Maintains maintenance inventory and requisition parts and supplies as needed.
- Assures each day’s activities and problems that occur are communicated to the other shifts using approved communication programs and standards.
- Assists trades and EVS department as required.
- All team members will follow the Everyone Greets Everyone (EGE) policy. It is the expectation that every team member, front or back of house, should proactively seek out opportunities to greet guests and their fellow team members daily. EGE policy states teams members should: acknowledge guests and fellow team members within 10 feet; initiate friendly verbal greeting within 5 feet; keep your head up, look around (“head on a swivel”); look for opportunities to greet guests and others; please remember that when you are on the floor, you are “on stage”.
- Team members will participate in all mandatory meetings & pre-shift BUZZ sessions.
- Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to respond to visual and aural ques.
- Must present a well-groomed, professional appearance.
- Meets the attendance guidelines of the job and complies with all state, federal and regulatory policies and procedures.
- Must be able to work a varied schedule including holidays, nights and weekends as needed.
- Must be able to work a reasonable amount of overtime when required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
- Must be able to work and quickly maneuver inside and outside, sometimes in temperatures in excess of 115 degrees and as cold as 10 degrees.
- Must be able to stoop, bend, jump, and carry heavy loads, run level surfaces as well as up or down stairs.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds.
- Must possess coordination and dexterity to drive power sweeper, forklifts, scissors lifts and other equipment.
- Must be able to think clearly and respond calmly in emergency situations.
- Must be able to work in areas containing secondhand smoke, dust, loud noises and bright lights.
Harrah’s reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Preference is given to qualified Buena Vista Me-Wuk tribal members and members of other federally recognized tribes.