Part-time Bar Porter - Louie Oliver's
Provides excellent service to all guests who approach the bars and self-service stations. Responsible to keep the bars and/or self-service station clean and stocked at all times.
- Required minimum of 1-year customer service experience in a previous position, where the primary job duty is direct customer service.
- Must possess excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
Essential Job Functions:
- Cleans the bar area, including mats, floors, sinks, drains, and other bar appliances.
- Changes the soda bibs and stock all beverage supplies in the designated area.
- Keeps areas clean, sanitary, and free of debris.
- Acknowledges, greets and converses with customers who approach the bar.
- Must be able to communicate with guests to meet their immediate needs.
- Calls a designated slot employee when needed by a guest or bartender.
- Provides a safe work environment for employees and guests.
- All team members will follow the Everyone Greets Everyone (EGE) policy. It is the expectation that every team member, front or back of house, should proactively seek out opportunities to greet guests and their fellow team members daily. EGE policy states teams members should: acknowledge guests and fellow team members within 10 feet; initiate friendly verbal greeting within 5 feet; keep your head up, look around (“head on a swivel”); look for opportunities to greet guests and others; please remember that when you are on the floor, you are “on stage”.
- Team members will participate in all mandatory meetings and pre-shift BUZZ sessions.
- Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to respond to visual and aural ques.
- Must present a well-groomed, professional appearance.
- Meets the attendance guidelines of the job and complies with all state, federal and regulatory policies and procedures.
- Must be able to work a varied schedule including holidays, nights and weekends as needed.
- Must be able to work a reasonable amount of overtime when required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to push carts weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Must be able to use proper team lifting and carrying techniques.
- Must be able to bend, pull and carry stock to refrigerators and cabinets.
- Ability to stand for long hours.
- Must be able to work in areas containing secondhand smoke, dust, loud noises and bright lights.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION VISIT OUR WEBSITE: https://harrahsnorcal.prismhr-hire.com/
Harrah’s reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, or marital status. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Preference is given to qualified Buena Vista Me-Wuk tribal members and members of other federally recognized tribes.