Ensure slot playing guests are kept in play by experiencing the full range of fast and friendly slot service through well maintained machines, efficient change service, and promotion of customer programs and events such as Caesars Rewards and slot tournaments.
- Required high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be able to accurately and legibly fill out accounting forms.
- Must possess basic math skills.
- Must have knowledge or the ability to obtain knowledge of casino rules, procedures, and regulations pertaining to slot operations.
- Must understand safety issues associated with electrical equipment.
- Must be willing to serve guests from a variety of backgrounds.
Essential Job Functions:
- Actively patrols assigned sections looking for opportunities to surprise and delight guests.
- Sincerely greets, welcomes and introduces self to all guests; uses guest name to create a personalized service experience; maintains the perception of luck, celebrates the win, offers a warm farewell and adds to the entertainment experience.
- Consistently demonstrates a positive and upbeat attitude.
- Partners with other departments to execute slot transactions.
- Offers assistance to slot playing customers and explains features of slot machines.
- Clearly communicates functionality of fast cash (ticket in/ticket out) technology.
- Manages a large number and variety of slot machines played by customers according to policy and their level of play.
- Resolves guest complaints through the use of service recovery with a sense of urgency and empathy with approved levels of authority (e.g., change service, incorrect change, securing drink service, etc.).
- Keeps slot areas clean, secure, and well maintained.
- Keeps delays to a minimum by ensuring we have the right people in the right place at the right time.
- Slot Machine Service: Ensures slot machines are ready for play (e.g., basic machine maintenance). Corrects minor machine malfunctions (e.g., coin jams, printer errors, bill validators, slot light repairs, etc.) and/or partners with slot performance when appropriate. Participates in slot machine upgrades and implementing new initiatives. Responds immediately to all requests for service (e.g., slot dispatch, slot candle lights, radio, PBX, customers) while meeting or exceeding department service standards.
- Money Handling: Performs money-handling transactions such as paying jackpots, making change, or exchanging coupons for guests in compliance with procedures. May be required to reconcile slot wallets. Completes verification paperwork for jackpot payouts.
Teamwork and Values
- Team Work: Works and communicates well within department as well as with co-workers in other departments. Communicates and participates in team meetings to bring forth ideas about improving processes, guest experiences, and customer interactions.
- Slot Game Integrity & Security: Coordinates with supervisors and security to detect and prevent attempts to place customers and employees at risk, compromise the integrity of the slot machines or damage company assets. Properly maintains all issued tools and equipment including proper key control.
- Property Promotions: Promotes and generates new membership into the Caesars Rewards program. Communicates specific information about casino events (e.g., slot tournaments, marketing promotions, direct mail) and communicates general information about property events or services (e.g., restaurants, shows, conventions) and directs or personally escorts customers to appropriate sources for more information (e.g., information booths, phone numbers, supervisors, etc.).
- All team members will follow the Everyone Greets Everyone (EGE) policy. It is the expectation that every team member, front or back of house, should proactively seek out opportunities to greet guests and their fellow team members daily. EGE policy states teams members should: acknowledge guests and fellow team members within 10 feet; initiate friendly verbal greeting within 5 feet; keep your head up, look around (“head on a swivel”); look for opportunities to greet guests and others; please remember that when you are on the floor, you are “on stage”.
- Team members will participate in all mandatory meetings and pre-shift BUZZ sessions.
- Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to respond to visual and aural ques.
- Must present a well-groomed, professional appearance.
- Meets the attendance guidelines of the job and complies with all state, federal and regulatory policies and procedures.
- Must be able to work a varied schedule including holidays, nights and weekends as needed.
- Must be able to work a reasonable amount of overtime when required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 60 pounds.
- Must be able to lift and move medium to heavy coin bags.
- Must be able to bend, reach, kneel, twist and grip items when necessary in order to perform basic machine repairs, hopper fills, etc.
- Must possess the manual dexterity and coordination to operate equipment (e.g., enter data into computer, operate a calculator, pull hopper out, etc.) and to handle currency, coin, keys, and buttons.
- Must be able to stand and walk for a full shift.
- Must be able to work at a fast pace in mentally and physically stressful situations.
- Must be able to respond calmly and handle many guest demands in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to work in areas containing secondhand smoke, dust, loud noises and bright lights.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION VISIT OUR WEBSITE: https://harrahsnorcal.prismhr-hire.com/
Harrah’s reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, or marital status. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Preference is given to qualified Buena Vista Me-Wuk tribal members and members of other federally recognized tribes.