Performs daily accounting and financial functions, which include entering data into computer; recording; calculating and summarizing numbers; reviewing documents for proper completion. Responsibilities may include payroll, accounts payable, or general ledger support.
- Required high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Required 6-months previous accounting and audit experience.
- Required proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
- Must be able to operate a computer keyboard, and 10-key adding machine.
Essential Job Functions:
- Enters statistical information into computer system.
- Generates various accounting reports.
- Summarizes, calculates and records numbers on various documents.
- Processes payroll and accounts payable as applicable.
- Reviews, reconciles and verifies documents for proper completion.
- Investigates any discrepancies identified while performing the above functions. Performs W2G preparation, input and balancing.
- Files documents as necessary.
- All team members will follow the Everyone Greets Everyone (EGE) policy. It is the expectation that every team member, front or back of house, should proactively seek out opportunities to greet guests and their fellow team members daily. EGE policy states teams members should: acknowledge guests and fellow team members within 10 feet; initiate friendly verbal greeting within 5 feet; keep your head up, look around (“head on a swivel”); look for opportunities to greet guests and others; please remember that when you are on the floor, you are “on stage”.
- Team members will participate in all mandatory meetings and pre-shift BUZZ sessions.
- Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to respond to visual and aural ques.
- Must present a well-groomed, professional appearance.
- Meets the attendance guidelines of the job and complies with all state, federal and regulatory policies and procedures.
- Must be able to work a varied schedule including holidays, nights and weekends as needed.
- Must be able to work a reasonable amount of overtime when required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
- Must be able to continuously maneuver around office, and effectively work at a desk.
- Must have the manual dexterity to operate the computer and other necessary office equipment.
- Must be able to respond calmly to demands of internal customers while working in a fast paced environment.
- Must be self-motivated and able to handle more than one function at a time by being well organized.
- Must be able to work in areas containing secondhand smoke, dust, loud noises and bright lights.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION VISIT OUR WEBSITE: https://harrahsnorcal.prismhr-hire.com/
Harrah’s reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, or marital status. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Preference is given to qualified Buena Vista Me-Wuk tribal members and members of other federally recognized tribes.