Beverage Server Lead
Reports directly to the Casino Operations Supervisor and leads work of all beverage server employees in absence of supervisor or manager.
- Required high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have basic math skills in order to count money and present change correctly.
- Must have knowledge of guest charge procedures.
- Must possess excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Knowledgeable of or able to learn tray service and cocktail ingredients.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assists with training of all beverage server staff.
- Leads daily beverage server operations when supervisor is not present.
- Works with department supervisors and managers on the organization of daily schedule and zone assignments.
- Provides excellent customer service and meets new guests daily to ensure excellent beverage service. Gets to know guest by name and makes them feel special.
- Ensures opening, closing, and on-going side work is completed for each shift in a proper fashion.
- Assists with special projects that will further enable the team to be successful.
- Works with department managers and supervisors to conduct daily buzzes and ensures that the staff is knowledgeable on current promotions and events in the casino.
- Performs routine beverage server duties with the highest levels of customer service, professionalism, and friendliness.
- Clears and cleans casino floor and work areas as needed, including assigning daily deep cleaning duties to co-workers. Ensures that all sanitation and health code regulations are met.
- Complete knowledge of department pricing and drink recipes, including knowledge of alcohols that we carry, when applicable.
- Learns operating procedures of the computer system and oversees cash transactions.
- Notifies supervisor and/or manager of employees not following policies and recommends disciplinary actions.
- Acts as a role model to co-workers and always presents oneself as a credit of Harrah’s, encouraging others to do the same.
- Handles and solves any concern and questions customers may have.
- Responsible for handling guest complaints, with or without management assistance.
- All team members will follow the Everyone Greets Everyone (EGE) policy. It is the expectation that every team member, front or back of house, should proactively seek out opportunities to greet guests and their fellow team members daily. EGE policy states teams members should: acknowledge guests and fellow team members within 10 feet; initiate friendly verbal greeting within 5 feet; keep your head up, look around (“head on a swivel”); look for opportunities to greet guests and others; please remember that when you are on the floor, you are “on stage”.
- Team members will participate in all mandatory meetings and pre-shift BUZZ sessions.
- Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to respond to visual and aural ques.
- Must present a well-groomed, professional appearance.
- Meets the attendance guidelines of the job and complies with all state, federal and regulatory policies and procedures.
- Must be able to work a varied schedule including holidays, nights and weekends as needed.
- Must be able to work a reasonable amount of overtime when required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
- Must be physically mobile with reasonable accommodation.
- Must be able to work at a fast pace in mentally and physically stressful situations.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 30 pounds constantly while gripping necessary items (glasses, pens, pads, garnishments, money, etc.)
- Must be able to stand and walk for periods up to 8-hour shifts wearing one-inch (minimum height) heels and walk at least 5 miles during shift.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, and twist when serving cocktails.
- Must be able to work in areas containing secondhand smoke, dust, loud noises and bright lights.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION VISIT OUR WEBSITE: https://harrahsnorcal.prismhr-hire.com/
Harrah’s reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, or marital status. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Preference is given to qualified Buena Vista Me-Wuk tribal members and members of other federally recognized tribes.