Responsible for day to day stewarding operations of their shift within the food outlets. Leads shifts and assigns tasks in an efficient manner.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have strong leadership skills.
- Must have working knowledge of sanitation requirements.
- Must have good communication skills and be detail oriented.
- Preferred 3-years’ back of house restaurant experience with at least 1-year stewarding experience.
- Preferred bilingual in Spanish.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for day to day stewarding operations.
- Supervises all job duties to ensure they are being completed safely.
- Projects confidence, fair treatment and respect to all employees at all times.
- Counsels, guides and instructs personnel the proper performance of their duties.
- Actively involved in the completion of all daily tasks and duties.
- Maintains all areas for a safe clean environment base on Health Department and internal standards.
- Completes all appropriate paperwork for stewarding operations.
- All team members will follow the Everyone Greets Everyone (EGE) policy. It is the expectation that every team member, front or back of house, should proactively seek out opportunities to greet guests and their fellow team members daily. EGE policy states teams members should: acknowledge guests and fellow team members within 10 feet; initiate friendly verbal greeting within 5 feet; keep your head up, look around (“head on a swivel”); look for opportunities to greet guests and others; please remember that when you are on the floor, you are “on stage”.
- Team members will participate in all mandatory meetings and pre-shift BUZZ sessions.
- Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to respond to visual and aural ques.
- Must present a well-groomed, professional appearance.
- Meets the attendance guidelines of the job and complies with all state, federal and regulatory policies and procedures.
- Must be able to work a varied schedule including holidays, nights and weekends as needed.
- Must be able to work a reasonable amount of overtime when required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
- Must be able to maneuver and work inside kitchen area, sometimes in heat in excess of 100 degrees or cold in excess of 0 degrees.
- Must be able to stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, push and pull while performing kitchen duties.
- Must be able to respond calmly and make rational decisions when handling employee conflicts or in stressful situations.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to push and pull carts weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Must be able to use proper team lifting and carrying techniques.
- Must be able to operate all kitchen equipment and machinery.
- Must be able to operate a computer.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION VISIT OUR WEBSITE: https://harrahsnorcal.prismhr-hire.com/
Harrah’s reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, or marital status. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Preference is given to qualified Buena Vista Me-Wuk tribal members and members of other federally recognized tribes.