Part-time - Cook I - American Outlet
Ensures superior food preparation and presentation. Prioritizes cooking to fill food orders and plating in a quick, timely and accurate manner while keeping a safe, secure, and clean environment.
- Required 6-months prior experience as a cook or cook’s helper.
- Required local health department sanitation certificate/food handler’s card.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be able to provide own tools.
- Must possess good customer service and communication skills.
- Preferred previous working knowledge of point of sales system.
Essential Job Functions:
- Prepares, cooks and seasons all food; produces menu items to standards in a quick and efficient manner.
- Prepares items such as but not limited to salads, appetizers, beef, poultry, seafood, etc.
- Effectively and efficiently prepares food in fry cook broiler and garde manger.
- Controls food production in all work areas including proper cooking methods, proper cooking times and temperature.
- Adheres to kitchen maintenance and sanitation programs.
- Maintains assigned station and equipment in a clean and sanitary condition.
- All team members will follow the Everyone Greets Everyone (EGE) policy. It is the expectation that every team member, front or back of house, should proactively seek out opportunities to greet guests and their fellow team members daily. EGE policy states teams members should: acknowledge guests and fellow team members within 10 feet; initiate friendly verbal greeting within 5 feet; keep your head up, look around (“head on a swivel”); look for opportunities to greet guests and others; please remember that when you are on the floor, you are “on stage”.
- Team members will participate in all mandatory meetings and pre-shift BUZZ sessions.
- Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to respond to visual and aural ques.
- Must present a well-groomed, professional appearance.
- Meets the attendance guidelines of the job and complies with all state, federal and regulatory policies and procedures.
- Must be able to work a varied schedule including holidays, nights and weekends as needed.
- Must be able to work a reasonable amount of overtime when required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
- Must be able to work inside a kitchen and on a fry line during most of shift.
- Must be able to work and maneuver in a close or small kitchen/working environment during entire shift.
- Must be able to tolerate areas with extreme hot and cold temperatures.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to push carts weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Must be able to use proper team lifting and carrying techniques.
- Must possess coordination and dexterity to use kitchen utensils such as knives, spatulas, food tongs, etc.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, reach, crouch, kneel, push, and pull when rotating stock and cleaning work area.
- Must be able to operate the following kitchen equipment: stoves, grills, fryers, broilers, and other utensils in preparing the food orders.
- Must be able to work in areas containing secondhand smoke, dust, loud noises and bright lights.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION VISIT OUR WEBSITE: https://harrahsnorcal.prismhr-hire.com/
Harrah’s reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, or marital status. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Preference is given to qualified Buena Vista Me-Wuk tribal members and members of other federally recognized tribes.