Food & Beverage Operations Coordinator
Provides administrative scheduling and support to the F&B Department.
- Required high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Preferred casino and F&B experience.
- Preferred experience in administrative support role.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Strong computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office (specifically Word and Excel).
Essential Job Functions:
- Administer, maintain, and file paid time off requests for department.
- Answer telephones and give information to callers or route calls to appropriate personnel and place outgoing calls, at times operating in a stressful environment.
- Administer payroll; reconcile sign in sheets with Timeworks reports. Complete and submit discrepancy reports to payroll.
- Process and file all departmental purchase requests/orders.
- Maintain and post tip report.
- Administer all attendance records and advise shift managers accordingly when there are any problems.
- Assist the department administrators on any special assignments or any project directed by the Director of F&B.
- All team members will follow the Everyone Greets Everyone (EGE) policy. It is the expectation that every team member, front or back of house, should proactively seek out opportunities to greet guests and their fellow team members daily. EGE policy states teams members should: acknowledge guests and fellow team members within 10 feet; initiate friendly verbal greeting within 5 feet; keep your head up, look around (“head on a swivel”); look for opportunities to greet guests and others; please remember that when you are on the floor, you are “on stage”.
- Team members will participate in all mandatory meetings and pre-shift BUZZ sessions.
- Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Must be able to respond to visual and aural ques.
- Must present a well-groomed, professional appearance.
- Meets the attendance guidelines of the job and complies with all state, federal and regulatory policies, and procedures.
- Must be able to work a varied schedule including holidays, nights and weekends as needed.
- Must be able to work a reasonable amount of overtime when required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
- Must be able to lift-up to 40 pounds.
- Must be able to respond calmly and handle many customer demands in a fast pace environment.
- Must be able to work in areas containing secondhand smoke, dust, loud noises, and bright lights.
- Must be able to bend, reach, kneel, twist and grip items when necessary.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION VISIT OUR WEBSITE: https://harrahsnorcal.prismhr-hire.com/
Harrah’s reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Preference is given to qualified Buena Vista Me-Wuk tribal members and members of other federally recognized tribes.