Food Server- Louie Oliver's
Provides excellent service by delivering food and beverage orders to dining guests in Louie Oliver’s. Ensures guest orders are accurate and strives to enhance guest’s experience.
- Required 1-year previous food and beverage service experience including large tray service.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Required extensive knowledge of beers, wines, liquors and their recipes.
- Preferred casino restaurant experience.
- Must be able to initiate and engage in conversation in a professional and friendly manner.
- Must possess excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Preferred knowledge of or familiarity with fine dining/steakhouse menus.
Essential Job Functions:
- Greets and occasionally seats guests by their name when known and makes them feel welcome and special.
- Writes down food and beverage orders.
- Enters orders into computer system, expedites drink orders from bar and serves to guests; picks up food orders from kitchen area and serves to guests.
- Performs routine server station work such as preparing toast, dressing salads, ladling soup for guest’s orders, etc.
- Delivers table set-ups with food order and clears away in a timely manner.
- Assists other servers and server assistants as necessary.
- Clears and cleans tables and work area as needed.
- Performs all side work as assigned.
- Ensures breakdown of station at end of shift along with daily cleaning tasks.
- Has complete knowledge of menu, prices and drink recipes.
- Wears proper attire in a neatly groomed fashion according to unit standards.
- Handles and solves any concerns and questions guests may have.
- Takes responsibility for handling guest complaints, resolving with or without management assistance.
- Prepares and delivers check to guest, processes guest payment for guest at the table and closes check in computer system in a timely manner.
- Gives guests a warm farewell when they are leaving.
- All team members will follow the Everyone Greets Everyone (EGE) policy. It is the expectation that every team member, front or back of house, should proactively seek out opportunities to greet guests and their fellow team members daily. EGE policy states teams members should: acknowledge guests and fellow team members within 10 feet; initiate friendly verbal greeting within 5 feet; keep your head up, look around (“head on a swivel”); look for opportunities to greet guests and others; please remember that when you are on the floor, you are “on stage”.
- Team members will participate in all mandatory meetings and pre-shift BUZZ sessions.
- Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to respond to visual and aural ques.
- Must present a well-groomed, professional appearance.
- Meets the attendance guidelines of the job and complies with all state, federal and regulatory policies and procedures.
- Must be able to work a varied schedule including holidays, nights and weekends as needed.
- Must be able to work a reasonable amount of overtime when required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
- Must be able to work and maneuver in a close or small working environment during entire shift.
- Must be able to access kitchen area when picking up food orders and maneuver to and from during entire shift.
- Must be able to lift heavy trays with food above shoulder level.
- Must be able to write customer orders legibly.
- Must be able to tolerate hot temperatures when in kitchen areas.
- Must be able to stoop, bend, reach, and kneel.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to push carts weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Must be able to use proper team lifting and carrying techniques.
- Must possess the manual dexterity to complete required “side work”.
- Must be able to work in areas containing secondhand smoke, dust, loud noises and bright lights.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION VISIT OUR WEBSITE: https://harrahsnorcal.prismhr-hire.com/
Harrah’s reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, or marital status. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Preference is given to qualified Buena Vista Me-Wuk tribal members and members of other federally recognized tribes.
This position is included in the CBA with UNITE HERE! International Union.