Casino Operations Shift Manager
Supervises Slot Operations and Casino Beverage, placing special emphasis on guest service while securing casino assets. Monitors day to day operations ensuring compliance with federal, state, and gaming laws. Creates a positive employee experience through motivation and coaching.
- Required high school diploma or equivalent.
- Required 1-year casino experience, preferably in slot operation.
- Required previous knowledge of casino rules, regulations and procedures pertinent to slot operations and beverage service.
- Required previous guest contact experience.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must possess strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Must possess basic math skills.
- Must have strong knowledge of the various internal written and verbal codes/abbreviations.
- Must project professionalism and possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for supporting the Vice President of Marketing & Casino Operations in all departmental initiatives related hiring, training, and process/procedure development.
- Monitors appearance of all facilities and service areas and follows-up to ensure cleanliness standards are at the highest level. Responsible for monitoring staffing levels, bank/floor assignments daily and weekly schedules to include breaks.
- Directly responsible for training slot, beverage and valet employees, providing each with clear directives needed to deliver the best guest experience, and to meet departmental standards and achieve departmental and company goals.
- Monitors compliance with all established company, departmental and regulatory agency rules and regulations; provides training feedback, and disciplinary action regarding these rules and regulations.
- Exhibits sound decision-making qualities, motivates personnel and exhibits effective supervisory skills.
- Possesses a thorough working knowledge of the various types of slot machines, their functions, malfunctions and layout schedules.
- Maintains security of all games, money, and employees.
- Takes advantage of opportunity to build long term relationships with customers.
- Routinely strives to build and maintain rapport with guests and handles customer disputes, making every effort to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Conducts performance reviews; makes or recommends wage increases and promotions.
- Ensures that all performance reviews, disciplinary notices, and superior job performance notices are complete, on time and accurate.
- Make recommendations to the Operations Manager to improve the efficiency of the department and build business.
- Builds a rapport and coordinates daily functions with support service departments.
- Provides for safety and security.
- Handles employees' complaints or grievances.
- Ensures departmental compliance with all regulatory, internal controls, policies and procedures.
- Verifies and reviews jackpot transactions.
- Complies with IRS and internal controls regarding payouts.
- Ensures service equipment is handled safely and with reasonable care.
- Responsible for keeping current on staff and supervisory trainings to include: quality guest service, responsible gaming, safety and sanitation, and alcohol awareness.
- All team members will follow the Everyone Greets Everyone (EGE) policy. It is the expectation that every team member, front or back of house, should proactively seek out opportunities to greet guests and their fellow team members daily. EGE policy states teams members should: acknowledge guests and fellow team members within 10 feet; initiate friendly verbal greeting within 5 feet; keep your head up, look around (“head on a swivel”); look for opportunities to greet guests and others; please remember that when you are on the floor, you are “on stage”.
- Team members will participate in all mandatory meetings and pre-shift BUZZ sessions.
- Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to respond to visual and aural ques.
- Must present a well-groomed, professional appearance.
- Meets the attendance guidelines of the job and complies with all state, federal and regulatory policies and procedures.
- Must be able to work a varied schedule including holidays, nights and weekends as needed.
- Must be able to work a reasonable amount of overtime when required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
- Must be able to maneuver to all areas of the casino.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Must be able to bend, reach, kneel, twist and grip items when necessary.
- Must be able to stand and walk for long hours.
- Must be able to work at a fast pace in mentally and physically stressful situations.
- Must be able to work in areas containing secondhand smoke, dust, loud noises and bright lights.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION VISIT OUR WEBSITE: https://harrahsnorcal.prismhr-hire.com/
Harrah’s reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, or marital status. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Preference is given to qualified Buena Vista Me-Wuk tribal members and members of other federally recognized tribes.