Human Resources Manager
Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, the HR Manager will provide strong and effective leadership, direction, and professional expertise for property.
- Required 5-years’ experience in recruiting and selection including experience in conducting job fairs, mass hires, and opening large facilities.
- Required knowledge of computerized applicant tracking systems, and federal and state regulations regarding employment hiring and selection, and the ability to protect the confidentiality of applicant records.
- Required experience in hospitality, retail, entertainment or other consumer-driven service business is required.
- Must have experience in conducting training needs analysis and evaluating training programs, which includes the cost/benefit of training.
- Must have the ability to supervise a staff of trainers, negotiates vendor contracts, consult with all levels of the organization, and act a role model of an effective trainer.
- Must be able to coordinate multiple priorities simultaneously and set and meet deadlines.
- Must have experience developing strategies to support, develop and engage a diverse workforce.
- Must be a hands-on professional with strong creative and conceptual skills, a proven track record working with and coaching department leadership and exhibit a strong sense of urgency in exceeding company goals and objectives.
- Experience providing exceptional customer service internally and externally
- Ability to uphold and demonstrate the highest level of integrity in all situations and recognize standards required by a regulated business
- Preferred 7-10 years of increasingly responsible human resources experience, with 5 years in employee relations.
- Preferred undergraduate degree.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manages the recruiting process including reviewing applications, screening and testing applicants, conducting interviews, and responding to applicant inquiries. Manages job fairs and mass hiring events.
- Manages the hiring process for the casino.
- Maintains a temporary staff consisting of both on-call employees and contracts with temporary staff vendors.
- Conducts staffing needs analysis and develops staffing plans, writes and maintains updated job descriptions.
- Develops sources of applicants and coordinates these activities with the Director of Human Resources.
- Conduct performance reviews; makes or recommends wage increases; makes or recommends promotions.
- Maintains relationship with Tribal Gaming Commission.
- Produces staffing reports (e.g. applicant flow, recruiting activity, and hiring activity).
- Adheres to regulatory, departmental, and company policies in an ethical manner.
- Spends the time necessary in interviewing, training, and selecting employees,
- Contributes to the short- and long-term strategies of the organization by assisting with the development of a yearly Human Resources plan to target rewards, recognition, wellness, education, and service.
- Utilizes employee and supervisor feedback surveys to strategically modify engagement planning to target high-impact areas.
- Establishes credibility with management and employees in order to be an effective listener and problem solver of people issues.
- Responsible, with the assistance of others, for the property’s employee activities and parties.
- Analyzes the training needs of the casino and develops and implements a training plan and budget to meet the identified needs.
- Designs and develops training materials and programs for all departments.
- Schedules, coordinates and makes arrangements for Casino Operations management to assist them with specific job skills training during mass hiring situations and ongoing hiring after opening.
- Develops and conducts train-the-trainer sessions for managers in order to teach them how to train, teach and coach employees when first hired and ongoing.
- Manages a staff of trainers who provide training such as PPE, Interaction Management, and Disability Etiquette, and who can provide team-building activities.
- Maintains records and ongoing analysis of training (e.g. skills inventory, ROI of training programs).
- Must be able to recognize and respond to individuals with questions.
- All team members will follow the Everyone Greets Everyone (EGE) policy. It is the expectation that every team member, front or back of house, should proactively seek out opportunities to greet guests and their fellow team members daily. EGE policy states teams members should: acknowledge guests and fellow team members within 10 feet; initiate friendly verbal greeting within 5 feet; keep your head up, look around (“head on a swivel”); look for opportunities to greet guests and others; please remember that when you are on the floor, you are “on stage”.
- Team members will participate in all mandatory meetings and pre-shift BUZZ sessions.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to respond to visual and aural ques.
- Must present a well-groomed, professional appearance.
- Meets the attendance guidelines of the job and complies with all state, federal and regulatory policies and procedures.
- Must be able to work a varied schedule including holidays, nights and weekends as needed.
- Must be able to work a reasonable amount of overtime when required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Cultivates Innovation: Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
Instills Trust: Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
Collaborates: Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
Interpersonal Savvy: Relating openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people.
Drives Vision: Painting a compelling picture of the vision and strategy that motivates others to action.
Being Resilient: Rebounding from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations.
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
- Must be able to bend, crouch, kneel, and twist in the work area.
- Must be able to operate a computer, typewriter, overhead, and copier and fax machine.
- Must have manual dexterity to operate all office equipment.
- Must be able to maneuver around property to pick-up and deliver various paperwork.
- Must be able to work in areas containing secondhand smoke, dust, loud noises and bright lights.
Harrah’s reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, or marital status. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Preference is given to qualified Buena Vista Me-Wuk tribal members and members of other federally recognized tribes.