Creates a warm and friendly atmosphere for casino guests by providing fast, friendly and professional service while taking orders and serving beverages; picks up empty glasses and returns them to the proper assigned area; and assists in the preparation of drink orders as required.
- Required high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have basic math skills in order to count money and present change correctly.
- Must have knowledge of guest charge procedures.
- Must possess excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Must have knowledge of, or ability to learn tray service, cocktail ingredients.
Essential Job Functions:
- Player satisfaction.
- Provides personalized service and uses guest name.
- Resolves service problems according to service recovery guidelines.
- Serves as ambassador of goodwill while working and at customer and public relations functions; may appear in publicity photos.
- Actively promotes casino events and programs.
- Works closely with Caesars Rewards to promote new card sign ups and relay benefits.
- Supplements tray with extra product to provide immediate or interim guest satisfaction.
- Monitors guest consumption of alcohol and intervenes as needed according to Responsible Alcohol Management training and property guidelines.
- Promotes guests’ sense of luck on gaming floor by sincerely wishing customers luck and minimizing wait time.
- Order and money handling: takes drink orders, communicates with bartender utilizing the proper calling order, assists in the preparation of drinks and presents drinks to guests.
- Handles money according to departmental procedure.
- Teamwork: works well with others, including but not limited to, beverage servers, bartenders, bar backs, beverage supervisors, and beverage managers.
- Work Habits: maintains clean and stocked workstation; clears empty glasses from workstation/area.
- Services guests according to the company standard sequence of service.
- All team members will follow the Everyone Greets Everyone (EGE) policy. It is the expectation that every team member, front or back of house, should proactively seek out opportunities to greet guests and their fellow team members daily. EGE policy states teams members should: acknowledge guests and fellow team members within 10 feet; initiate friendly verbal greeting within 5 feet; keep your head up, look around (“head on a swivel”); look for opportunities to greet guests and others; please remember that when you are on the floor, you are “on stage”.
- Team members will participate in all mandatory meetings and pre-shift BUZZ sessions.
- Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to respond to visual and aural ques.
- Must present a well-groomed, professional appearance.
- Meets the attendance guidelines of the job and complies with all state, federal and regulatory policies and procedures.
- Must be able to work a varied schedule including holidays, nights and weekends as needed.
- Must be able to work a reasonable amount of overtime when required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
- Must be physically mobile with reasonable accommodation.
- Must be able to work at a fast pace in mentally and physically stressful situations.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 30 pounds constantly while gripping necessary items (glasses, pens, pads, garnishments, money, etc.)
- Must be able to stand and walk for periods up to 8-hour shifts wearing one-inch (minimum height) heels and walk at least 5 miles during shift.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, and twist when serving cocktails.
- Must be able to work in areas containing secondhand smoke, dust, loud noises and bright lights.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION VISIT OUR WEBSITE: https://harrahsnorcal.prismhr-hire.com/
Harrah’s reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, or marital status. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Preference is given to qualified Buena Vista Me-Wuk tribal members and members of other federally recognized tribes.
This position is included in the CBA with UNITE HERE! International Union.