Multi-Outlet Food & Beverage Manager
Responsible for the management and operations of Coffee Shop, Employee Cafeteria, Asian, Mexican, and American outlets. Ensures outlets goals are achieved and maintained. Embraces, maintains and supports company service culture and core values. Exhibits leadership and vision to align, inspire, develop, and motivate team members. Ensures compliance with all state and federal regulatory agencies that have jurisdiction over areas of responsibility.
- Required 4 years managerial experience in a multi-outlet operation in the food and beverage field.
- Required college degree or equivalent.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Strong computer skills, including experience in Microsoft Office Suite, Stratton Warren, Infogenesis and Universal Desktop.
- Must be able to read, comprehend, analyze and interpret complex documents.
- Must be able to clearly and effectively write simple as well as complex correspondence and documents.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed and involved instructions.
- Must be able to deal with problems involving concrete variables in standardized situations. Must have the ability to think strategically, synthesize the most complex business/financial data and develop innovative solutions.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensures highest degree of customer satisfaction for each food and beverage outlet.
- Analyzes and evaluates food and beverage operations, and profit and loss statement information to determine alternate courses of action.
- Leads and coordinates efforts with marketing and other departments to ensure support of outlet operations through promotions, advertising, or other related means.
- Attends numerous management meetings while being an active participant.
- Monitors legal compliance with federal, state, gaming, company and departmental laws and regulations.
- Assists in planning and developing menus and respective pricing structure.
- Institutes cost control procedures and standards of performance.
- Responsible for drafting timely capital requests.
- Evaluates purchasing, market conditions and availability of raw material to properly determine programs and actions required.
- Responsible for interviewing, training and selecting employees.
- Conducts timely performance reviews for own direct reports, and ensures operating areas are completing and delivering employee reviews timely.
- Makes or recommends wage increases and promotions.
- Handles or oversees the management of employees' complaints or grievances; recommends disciplinary action or disciplines employees.
- All team members will follow the Everyone Greets Everyone (EGE) policy. It is the expectation that every team member, front or back of house, should proactively seek out opportunities to greet guests and their fellow team members daily. EGE policy states teams members should: acknowledge guests and fellow team members within 10 feet; initiate friendly verbal greeting within 5 feet; keep your head up, look around (“head on a swivel”); look for opportunities to greet guests and others; please remember that when you are on the floor, you are “on stage”.
- Team members will participate in all mandatory meetings and pre-shift BUZZ sessions.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to respond to visual and aural ques.
- Must present a well-groomed, professional appearance.
- Meets the attendance guidelines of the job and complies with all state, federal and regulatory policies and procedures.
- Must be able to work a varied schedule including holidays, nights and weekends as needed.
- Must be able to work a reasonable amount of overtime when required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
- Must be able to sit, stand or walk for long periods of time.
- Must be able to respond calmly and make rational decisions when handling guest and/or employee conflicts.
- Must be able to maneuver to all areas of the casino.
- Must be able to lift-up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to push carts weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Must be able to use proper team lifting and carrying techniques.
- Must be able to push, pull, bend, reach, stoop, kneel, twist and grip items when working throughout the property.
- Must have manual dexterity and coordination to operate office equipment, including PC computers, fax machine and photocopier.
- Must be able to simultaneously manage several projects, and not be frustrated by changing priorities and unforeseen obstacles to achieving objectives.
- Must be able to speak distinctly and persuasively.
- Must be able to work at a fast pace in mentally and physically stressful situations.
- Must be able to work in areas containing secondhand smoke, dust, loud noises and bright lights.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION VISIT OUR WEBSITE: https://harrahsnorcal.prismhr-hire.com/
Harrah’s reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, or marital status. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Preference is given to qualified Buena Vista Me-Wuk tribal members and members of other federally recognized tribes.