Coordinates activities involved with procuring goods and services, such as raw materials, equipment, tools, parts, supplies for establishment. Perform statistical, accounting, posting, filing or similar functions in accordance with established methods and procedures for the Purchasing Department.
- Required high school diploma or equivalent with 2 years of college, OR minimum 1 year of experience in the procurement field or related experience.
- Required complete working knowledge of AS/400.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Required strong computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office.
Essential Job Functions:
- Orders supplies, obtains quotations, expedites orders, reviews requisitions, confers with vendors to obtain product or service information such as price, availability and delivery schedule.
- Meets with vendors, coordinates samples, and receives vendor quotations.
- Selects product for purchase by testing, observing or examining items.
- Approves all after-the-fact invoices placed for emergencies or other reasons.
- Ensures product shortages/backorders are communicated and resolved.
- Maintains the records required in the operation of the department.
- Determines method of procurement, such as direct purchase or bid.
- Prepares purchase order or bid requests.
- Maintains bid price changes.
- Discusses defective or unacceptable goods or services with inspection or quality control personnel, users, vendors and others to determine source of trouble and take corrective action.
- Continuously looks for process and system improvements.
- Produces purchase orders for a wide variety of technical and non-technical items and materials for all departments.
- All team members will follow the Everyone Greets Everyone (EGE) policy. It is the expectation that every team member, front or back of house, should proactively seek out opportunities to greet guests and their fellow team members daily. EGE policy states teams members should: acknowledge guests and fellow team members within 10 feet; initiate friendly verbal greeting within 5 feet; keep your head up, look around (“head on a swivel”); look for opportunities to greet guests and others; please remember that when you are on the floor, you are “on stage”.
- Team members will participate in all mandatory meetings and pre-shift BUZZ sessions.
- Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to respond to visual and aural ques.
- Must present a well-groomed, professional appearance.
- Meets the attendance guidelines of the job and complies with all state, federal and regulatory policies and procedures.
- Must be able to work a varied schedule including holidays, nights and weekends as needed.
- Must be able to work a reasonable amount of overtime when required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Physical, Mental and Environmental Demands:
- Must be able to maneuver throughout all areas of the casino.
- Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds and carry up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to bend, reach, kneel, twist and grip items while working at assigned desk area.
- Must have the manual dexterity and coordination to operate office equipment, including calculator, PC computers, fax machine and photocopier.
- Must be able to work at a fast pace and in stressful situations.
- Must be able to assess priorities and work under pressure, handling multiple tasks at one time.
- Must be able to work in areas containing secondhand smoke, dust, loud noises and bright lights.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION VISIT OUR WEBSITE: https://harrahsnorcal.prismhr-hire.com/
Harrah’s reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, or marital status. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Preference is given to qualified Buena Vista Me-Wuk tribal members and members of other federally recognized tribes.