Table Games Manager On Duty
Reporting to the Table Games Shift Managers, the Table Games MOD will assist in leading the floor operations of table games.
- Required minimum of 5-years table games experience with progressive supervisory/management experience.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Preferred Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school) or 3-5 years equivalent training/experience.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with employees at all levels.
- Must have strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Must have computer literacy.
- Must have the ability to handle complex and emotional issues.
- Must project professionalism and possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Essential Job Functions:
- Supports the Table Games Shift Manager in all departmental initiatives related to the casino.
- Assists in leading the table games daily operations to include but not limited to table assignments, rotations and break schedule.
- Maintains working knowledge of all local jurisdictional gaming laws (federal, state, and local) and attendant regulations as well as company internal controls.
- Manages all operations and personnel on assigned shift.
- Coaches direct reports in pertinent skills of operations, marketing, administration and promotes effective utilization of equipment, manpower and floor space.
- Effectively executes strategies in support of business objectives. Sets high personal standards for performance and encourages others to do the same.
- Continually follows up and evaluates the status of daily work and strategic projects.
- Authorizes guest comps to recognize loyal players in accordance with company guidelines.
- Ensures all guests problems are handled quickly to ensure guest satisfaction within the established guidelines.
- Identifies and anticipates problems through logical and analytical thought processes.
- Ensures the proper issuance of casino credit, front money and chip advances.
- Develops new gaming guests through personal contact with Player Development, Marketing and the Caesars Rewards Center.
- Monitors wage and salary costs to maintain proper margins in relation to business volume.
- Plans and approves employee scheduling to assure proper staffing to meet business demands.
- Establishes and maintains departmental procedures that will assure proper protection of all gaming operations from loss due to mistake or theft.
- Informs Shift Manager and Surveillance team of unnatural or irregular play.
- Proactively recognizes, rewards and celebrates outstanding examples of employee performance.
- Counsels, guides and instructs assigned personnel in the performance of their duties.
- All team members will follow the Everyone Greets Everyone (EGE) policy. It is the expectation that every team member, front or back of house, should proactively seek out opportunities to greet guests and their fellow team members daily. EGE policy states teams members should: acknowledge guests and fellow team members within 10 feet; initiate friendly verbal greeting within 5 feet; keep your head up, look around (“head on a swivel”); look for opportunities to greet guests and others; please remember that when you are on the floor, you are “on stage”.
- Team members will participate in all mandatory meetings and pre-shift BUZZ sessions.
- Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to respond to visual and aural ques.
- Must present a well-groomed, professional appearance.
- Meets the attendance guidelines of the job and complies with all state, federal and regulatory policies and procedures.
- Must be able to work a varied schedule including holidays, nights and weekends as needed.
- Must be able to work a reasonable amount of overtime when required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
- Must be able to maneuver in and around casino and public areas.
- Must be able to sit, stand or walk for long periods of time.
- Must be able to respond calmly and make rational decisions, when handling employee conflicts.
- Must be able to maneuver throughout all areas of the property and from floor to floor either by stairways (minimum of 20 steps) or escalator.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 40 pounds.
- Must have the ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop and kneel.
- Must have the manual dexterity to operate a computer and other necessary office equipment.
- Must be able to work in areas containing secondhand smoke, dust, loud noises and bright lights.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION VISIT OUR WEBSITE: https://harrahsnorcal.prismhr-hire.com/
Harrah’s reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, or marital status. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Preference is given to qualified Buena Vista Me-Wuk tribal members and members of other federally recognized tribes.