Facilities & Environmental Services (EVS) Manager
Oversees the operations and personnel of the Facilities and EVS Department. Delegates work assignments for all shifts.
- Required 5-years of experience in casino and hotel building maintenance and customer service.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Strong computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Required excellent interpersonal, customer service, communication, team building, and problem-solving skills are required.
- Preferred college degree.
- Must have the ability to work with internal management and staff, as well as, outside support to develop and maintain a continuing atmosphere of peak guest and employee comfort and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manages facilities supervisors and department personnel in the daily maintenance and repairs of the property.
- Responsible for cleanliness, upkeep and maintenance of all buildings and grounds; ensures all areas are well maintained via preventative maintenance programs, project coordination, responding to issues quickly and effective managing of workflow.
- Communicates the coordination of duties, scheduling, capital projects and safety issues.
- Ensures compliance with company, local, state and federal policies, laws and codes applicable to building maintenance and construction.
- Directs preparation of budgets for yearly department expenditures, capital expenditures on equipment, repairs, building repairs, construction and design projects.
- Responsible for setting and maintaining the budget for EVS and Facilities. Delivers budgeted financial results while executing the property’s highest standards of operation.
- Works with construction managers in the completion of all construction projects.
- Works with architects and designers on the planning and permitting of all projects.
- Investigates, researches and interviews vendors for items and services.
- Oversees emergency situations, i.e. power outages, alarms, flooding. Maintains emergency procedures and equipment.
- Develops policies and guidelines pertinent to areas of responsibilities.
- Monitors equipment, utilities, consumption and performance of employees.
- Develops and implements energy conservation and awareness programs and ensure compliance with all safety standards.
- Oversees purchasing and inventory procedures.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Perform other duties as assigned traditionally performed by a Facilities & Environmental Services (EVS) Manager.
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
- Must be able to respond to calmly and make rational decisions, when handling guest and employee conflicts.
- Must be able to maneuver throughout all areas of the property, including ability to lift up to 75 lbs.; and, the ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, climb up and down stairs and ladders.
- Must be able to operate hand tools, power tools and equipment.
- Must be able to tolerate areas containing secondhand smoke, dust, loud noises and bright lights.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION VISIT OUR WEBSITE: https://harrahsnorcal.prismhr-hire.com/
Harrah’s reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Preference is given to qualified Buena Vista Me-Wuk tribal members and members of other federally recognized tribes.