Environmental Services (EVS) Cleaner Heavy Duty
Maintains the cleanliness of the property by completing special projects, and caring for casino carpets, linoleum and marble. Operates lifts (30’– 40’ in height) to clean upper areas of casino floor.
- Required experience as a cleaner, or equivalent.
- Must be a least 21 years of age.
- Preferred previous janitorial experience.
- Preferred knowledge of HAZZ, COMM and BBP.
- Must possess strong people skills and problem-solving ability.
- Must have a strong understanding and working knowledge of cleaning chemicals, cleaning techniques, and cleaning equipment.
Essential Job Functions:
- Strips and waxes floors to include baseboards.
- Shampoos and spot cleans carpeted areas.
- Uses extractor equipment, floor scrubbers, and shampoo machines, polishing machines, special vacuum cleaners and scrubbers.
- Moves office equipment and items as directed.
- Cleans interior and exterior windows.
- Cleans signage, light fixtures, vents, decorative greenery, railings, artwork and elevators.
- Operates lifts and adheres to all safety standards.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Perform other duties as assigned traditionally performed by an Environmental Services (EVS) Cleaner Heavy Duty.
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
- Must be able to maneuver in casino areas, up and down stairs and reach above shoulder level.
- Must be able to push, pull and carry up to 100 pounds.
- Must be able to work and quickly maneuver inside and outside, sometimes in temperatures in excess of 115 degrees and as cold as 10 degrees.
- Must be able to use and operate vacuum cleaners, floor cleaning equipment, dustpans, brooms and auto-riders.
- Must be able to work around crowded areas.
- Must be able to read labels on chemical bottles.
- Must be able to stoop, bend, reach and pull around casino and restroom areas.
- Must be able to use finger movement and rotation wrist motion when cleaning and wiping surface areas.
- Must be able to tolerate cleaning chemicals without developing an allergic reaction.
- Must be able to work in areas containing secondhand smoke, dust, loud noises and bright lights.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION VISIT OUR WEBSITE: https://harrahsnorcal.prismhr-hire.com/
Harrah’s reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Preference is given to qualified Buena Vista Me-Wuk tribal members and members of other federally recognized tribes.
This position is included in the CBA with UNITE HERE! International Union.