Shift Supervisor - Facilities & Environmental Services (EVS)
Assists Facilities & EVS Manager with overall day to day operations and personnel of the Facilities and EVS Department. Responsible to direct and coordinate activities and work assignments for their shift.
- Required 2 (two) years’ experience in casino/hotel building maintenance.
- Required knowledge of HAZZ, COMM and BBP.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Preferred college degree.
- Preferred custodial or environmental services and groundskeeping experience.
- Preferred experience in contractor and vendor relationships.
- Preferred experience working with budgets.
- Strong computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office Suites.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, customer service, communication, team-building and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must have the ability to work with internal management and staff, as well as, outside support to develop and maintain a continuing atmosphere of peak guest and employee comfort and safety.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must have an understanding and working knowledge of cleaning chemicals, cleaning techniques, cleaning equipment, plumbing, HVAC, electrical and refrigeration.
Essential Job Functions:
- Plans, supervises, and monitors Facilities Mechanics, Groundskeepers and EVS Department personnel in the daily maintenance, repairs, cleaning, disinfecting and upkeep of all buildings and grounds.
- Reviews job orders to determine work priorities. Schedules repair, maintenance, and installation of equipment to ensure continuous productive operations.
- Provides and administers all new hire training as well as ongoing training on tools, equipment, and supplies.
- Assigns work duties, reviews work performance, and recommends employee actions regarding hiring, promotions, performance, demotions, disciplinary actions, and terminations.
- Responsible for procedures involving scheduling, payroll, and inventory/purchasing.
- Responds to and handles employee complaints (grievances) in a timely and efficient manner.
- Accountable for follow-through with department walk-thru, special cleaning projects and the maintaining of department cleanliness standards.
- Develops and implement energy conservation and awareness programs and ensure compliance with all safety standards.
- Directs maintenance activities on utility systems to provide continuous supply of hear, air, electricity, water, or gas required for operations.
- Communicates the coordination of duties, scheduling, capital projects, cleaning protocols and safety issues.
- Ensures compliance with company, local, state, and federal policies, laws and codes applicable to building maintenance, cleaning and construction.
- Assists Manager with capital expenditures on equipment, repairs, building repairs, construction, and design projects.
- Works with external construction managers, architects, and designers on the completion of all construction projects including planning and permitting of all projects.
- Maintains emergency procedures and equipment and oversees emergency situations, i.e. power outages, alarms, flooding.
- All team members will follow the Everyone Greets Everyone (EGE) policy. It is the expectation that every team member, front or back of house, should proactively seek out opportunities to greet guests and their fellow team members daily. EGE policy states teams members should: acknowledge guests and fellow team members within 10 feet; initiate friendly verbal greeting within 5 feet; keep your head up, look around (“head on a swivel”); look for opportunities to greet guests and others; please remember that when you are on the floor, you are “on stage”.
- Team members will participate in all mandatory meetings and pre-shift BUZZ sessions.
- Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Must be able to respond to visual and aural ques.
- Must present a well-groomed, professional appearance.
- Meets the attendance guidelines of the job. Must be able to work a varied schedule including holidays, nights and weekends as needed.
- Must be able to work a reasonable amount of overtime when required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
- Must be able to maneuver to all areas of the casino.
- Must be able to work at a fast pace in mentally and physically stressful situations.
- Must be able to handle guests demands calmly in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to stand and walk for long hours.
- Must be able to stoop, bend, and maneuver up and down stairs.
- Must be able to lift-up to 50 pounds.
- Must have the manual dexterity to grab, grip, type, pull, hold, tear, sort, reach, and file appropriate paperwork.
- Must be able to operate the following: computer, telephones, fax, and copier.
- Must be able to perform physical and mental duties of engineering personnel.
- Must be able to learn and retain locations, operation and repair procedures of this property’s mechanical systems, equipment, and life safety system.
- Must be able to work in areas containing secondhand smoke, dust, loud noises, and bright lights.
- Must be able to operate hand tools, power tools and equipment.
Harrah’s reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, or marital status. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Preference is given to qualified Buena Vista Me-Wuk tribal members and members of other federally recognized tribes.