Casino Cage Cashier (Temporary)
Reporting directly to the Cage Supervisor and/or Dual Rate Cashier Supervisor, the Casino Cage Cashier is responsible for all cash service needs of our casino guests while maintaining appropriate accountability for inventory. Delivers truly great guest service while performing transactions such as chip and token redemption, check cashing and credit card cash advance, along with servicing our in-house check-cashing players.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must demonstrate the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide without the use of a calculator
- Must be able to pass mandated regulation and department testing.
- Preferred 1-year previous United States currency money handling work experience.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides prompt, friendly, and courteous service to all guests while following company and gaming regulations.
- Conducts all transactions in a confidential manner, and under surveillance.
- Performs all types of money-handling functions including check cashing and converting coin, tokens, and gaming chips into currency.
- Counts money and chips and reconciles banks.
- Orders currency to refill supplies.
- Accepts, delivers, and issues credit card cash to customers.
- Dispenses coins/chips to other cashiers.
- Processes funds transactions for the cashiering department and other casino personnel.
- Processes new check cashing applications.
- Records information regarding transactions on reports and forms.
- Maintains internal controls with reports describing errors and discrepancies.
- Collaborates with work group and all support departments to ensure player satisfaction.
- Communicates all relevant information to co-workers and management to maintain consistency and avoid potential problems.
- Works with team members to achieve common goals.
- Maintains high standards of courtesy, professionalism and discretion in all communications to, about, or with customers including their arrangements and finances.
- Maintains security and confidentiality of files, records, and lists.
- Must be able to perform the job duties of hard count and soft count team members.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Perform other duties as assigned traditionally performed by a Casino Cage Cashier.
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
- Must be able to maneuver in and around all count rooms.
- Must be able to respond calmly in crisis and stressful situations, including employee conflicts.
- Must be able to push and pull carts and carry up to 75 pounds of boxes filled with currency.
- Must be able to grip objects and have good finger movement when counting and handling currency.
- Must be able to differentiate denominations of chips and authenticity of currency.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods.
- Must be able to operate a computer, 10-key adding machine, and money counter.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, reach, kneel, twist as necessary.
- Must be able to work in areas containing secondhand smoke, dust, loud noises and bright lights.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION VISIT OUR WEBSITE: https://harrahsnorcal.prismhr-hire.com/
Harrah’s reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, or marital status. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Preference is given to qualified Buena Vista Me-Wuk tribal members and members of other federally recognized tribes.