Cashier - Marketplace
$2,000 Hiring/Retention Bonus
***See Details Below***
Rate $15.05 hr.
Processes cash/comp/coupon/credit card transactions for restaurant guests. Suggests menu options, specials and other casino amenities.
- Required minimum of 3-months previous money handling and cash register.
- Must possess excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Must be able to initiate and engage in conversation in a professional and friendly manner.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
Essential Job Functions:
- Greets everyone and provides quick and friendly service to create a welcoming environment for both employees and guests.
- Is knowledgeable of all menu items – makes suggestions and answers questions.
- Processes cash transactions by accepting money and making necessary change, while presenting a receipt to the customer.
- Cleans register and restaurant areas, including counter tops, sinks, display shelves, tables, storage areas and lounge areas at assigned station.
- Handles and solves any concerns and questions customers may have.
- Performs all side work and stocking of supplies at assigned station.
- Fosters safe work environment by following safety guidelines.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Perform other duties as assigned traditionally performed by a Cashier.
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
- Must be able to work inside and maneuver throughout assigned station during entire shift.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to push carts weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Must be able to use proper team lifting and carrying techniques.
- Must be able to bend, pull and carry stock to refrigerator and cabinets.
- Must be able to use hand motion when cleaning and wiping counters.
- Must possess the manual dexterity to complete required “side work”.
- Must be able to work in areas containing secondhand smoke, dust, loud noises and bright lights.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION VISIT OUR WEBSITE: https://harrahsnorcal.prismhr-hire.com/
Harrah’s reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, or marital status. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Preference is given to qualified Buena Vista Me-Wuk tribal members and members of other federally recognized tribes.
This position is included in the CBA with UNITE HERE! International Union.
After Orientation: $250.00
90 Days: $250.00
6 Months: $500.00
1 Year: $1,000
Total Bonus: $2,000
- Full time employees must work a minimum 780 hours within 6 months and 1560 hours within the year to be eligible. (average of 30 hours a week)
- Part time employees must work a minimum of 520 hours within 6 months and 1040 hours within the year. (average of 20 hours a week) **Part time employees are only eligible for 50% of the Retention Bonus amounts**
- Checks will be processed 1-2 pay periods after completion of the required time for payment. Taxes will be deducted.
- Must still be employed in the position hired into for the bonus payment