Count Room Representative
Responsible for dropping and counting the money that is pulled off the casino floor and other revenue sources.
- Required high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Preferred adding machine, computer terminal operation, and currency counting machine skills.
- Preferred basic mechanical (repair) ability.
- Preferred prior supervisory experience.
- Preferred prior count room or money handling experience (casino or bank).
Essential Job Functions:
- Collects and counts revenue from various drop sources per MIC and departmental guidelines.
- Counts, sorts and organizes all currency, coin, coupons, chips and paperwork from the drop containers.
- Retrieves drop boxes from the storage area and appropriately stores all boxes and carts.
- Loads currency counters, utilizes the counter interface, and collects, sorts and reconciles counted funds.
- Straps and hand-stamps money bundles.
- Totals all cash, coin, chips, coupons, other monies, and reconciles documents by shift and by day/date.
- Enters count information into various PC based applications. Prints, signs all reconciling documents and verifies their accuracy.
- Loads appropriate boxes into carts and pushes/pulls carts to designated areas for transportation to the casino floor.
- When a slot machine is being played at the time of bill validator drop, uses excellent guest service skills to assure the guest’s satisfaction.
- Accounts for all count room keys and ensures compliance with MIC requirements.
- Sorts, counts, rolls coin and delivers to the cashier department.
- Completes all paperwork accurately and delivers it to the appropriate department in a timely manner, including scanning of all relevant documentation.
- Responsible for the loading of coin/currency and count of dropped funds for all the casino floor ticket redemption kiosks.
- Coordinates drop and count schedules.
- Communicates currency counter maintenance requests to vendor technicians and IT service requests.
- Utilizes a pager to answer service requests from other departments as well as initiate and respond to internal communications with other count room employees.
- Maintains count room in a clean and orderly fashion.
- Monitors supply levels and requests supply orders
- Performs the job duties of hard count and soft count team members as needed.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Perform other duties as assigned traditionally performed by a Count Room Representative.
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
- Must be able to maneuver in and around all count rooms.
- Must be able to respond calmly in crisis and stressful situations, including employee conflicts.
- Must be able to push and pull carts and carry up to 75 pounds of boxes filled with currency.
- Must be able to grip objects and have good finger movement when counting and handling currency.
- Must be able to differentiate denominations of chips and authenticity of currency.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods.
- Must be able to operate a computer, ten key adding machine, and money counter.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, reach, kneel, twist as necessary.
- Must be able to work in areas containing secondhand smoke, dust, loud noises and bright lights.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION VISIT OUR WEBSITE: https://harrahsnorcal.prismhr-hire.com/
Harrah’s reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, or marital status. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Preference is given to qualified Buena Vista Me-Wuk tribal members and members of other federally recognized tribes.