Part - Time Steward
Cleans and sanitizes all dishes, pots and pans, and silverware to be used by guests and employees of the casino. Cleans and sanitizes kitchen equipment. Removes kitchen waste and trash.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Preferred minimum 6-months previous kitchen work experience.
- Preferred previous housekeeping and/or cleaning experience.
Essential Job Functions:
- Cleans food preparation areas.
- Washes and sanitizes dishes including china, plates, flatware, utensils, pots and pans, etc. either by hand or by using dishwasher machinery.
- Cleans and stocks supplies such as plates, utensils, pots, pans, and other kitchen utensil items.
- Replenishes all non-food items as needed.
- Lifts bus tubs to bus carts and pushes carts to the kitchen.
- Removes trash from kitchen areas and places in dumpster.
- Break down empty boxes from kitchen areas and places in dumpster.
- Maintains the proper level of sanitation in accordance with Health Department and stewarding standards in all kitchen outlets.
- Cleans and sanitizes all kitchen equipment in a safe manner.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Perform other duties as assigned traditionally performed by a Steward.
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
- Must be able to work inside and maneuver throughout the kitchen areas, sometimes in small spaces.
- Must be able to tolerate hot temperatures in excess of 100 degrees near dishwashing machine - when assigned to this task for entire shift.
- Must be able to tolerate chemicals for cleaning and sanitizing kitchen areas.
- Must be able to wear kitchen protective gloves for entire shift.
- Must be able to operate dishwashing machine.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to push and pull carts weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Must be able to use proper team lifting and carrying techniques.
- Must be able to stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, push and pull while performing kitchen duties.
- Must be able to stack racks of dishes and silverware.
- Must be able to work in areas containing secondhand smoke, dust, loud noises and bright lights.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION VISIT OUR WEBSITE: https://harrahsnorcal.prismhr-hire.com/
Harrah’s reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, or marital status. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Preference is given to qualified Buena Vista Me-Wuk tribal members and members of other federally recognized tribes.
This position is included in the CBA with UNITE HERE! International Union.