Responsible for providing a positive, warm, and welcoming environment for our guests while providing prompt and responsible service of beer and wine.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Preferred high school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience with POS system preferred.
- Some bartending experience preferred.
- Must possess excellent customer service and communication skills; must be able to initiate and engage in conversation in a professional and friendly manner.
Essential Job Functions:
- Greets and welcomes all guests in a pleasant and professional manner.
- Flawlessly fills all orders for guests and beverage servers.
- Ensures that all items are entered into the POS system and completes sales transactions.
- Provides customers with property information on current events, promotions, and attractions.
- Processes all cash transactions by accepting money and making necessary change accurately and presents customer with bar receipt.
- Maintains and exceptionally clean environment for our guests including wiping down all surfaces, sweeping, moping and clearing away empty serving containers.
- Conducts prep to maintain stock of beverage garnishments.
- Must be willing to participate in on-going training in the beverage field.
- All team members will follow the Everyone Greets Everyone (EGE) policy. It is the expectation that every team member, front or back of house, should proactively seek out opportunities to greet guests and their fellow team members daily. EGE policy states teams members should: acknowledge guests and fellow team members within 10 feet; initiate friendly verbal greeting within 5 feet; keep your head up, look around (“head on a swivel”); look for opportunities to greet guests and others; please remember that when you are on the floor, you are “on stage”.
- Team members will participate in all mandatory meetings and pre-shift BUZZ sessions.
- Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to respond to visual and aural ques.
- Must present a well-groomed, professional appearance.
- Meets the attendance guidelines of the job and complies with all state, federal and regulatory policies and procedures.
- Must be able to work a varied schedule including holidays, nights and weekends as needed.
- Must be able to work a reasonable amount of overtime when required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to stoop, bend and reach.
- Must be able to use hand motion when pouring drinks for customers and when cleaning/wiping the work area.
- Must be able to bend, pull and carry bar stock to refrigerators and cabinets.
- Must be able to operate a variety of equipment.
- Must be able to simultaneously handle the demands of many customers and beverage servers.
- Must be able to work in areas containing secondhand smoke, dust, loud noises and bright lights.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION VISIT OUR WEBSITE: https://harrahsnorcal.prismhr-hire.com/
Harrah’s reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, or marital status. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Preference is given to qualified Buena Vista Me-Wuk tribal members and members of other federally recognized tribes.