Human Resource Manager
Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, the HR Manager will provide strong and effective leadership, direction, and professional expertise for property.
Five years experience in recruiting and selection including experience in conducting job fairs, mass hires, and opening large facilities required.
- Knowledge of computerized applicant tracking systems, and Federal and state regulations regarding employment hiring and selection, and the ability to protect the confidentiality of applicant records. Experience in hospitality, retail, entertainment or other consumer-driven service business is required.
Experience in conducting training needs analysis and evaluating training programs, which includes the cost/benefit of training.
Ability to supervise a staff of trainers, negotiates vendor contracts, consult with all levels of the organization, and act a role model of an effective trainer.
Must be able to coordinate multiple priorities simultaneously, and set and meet deadlines.
- An undergraduate degree is preferred for this position.
- Must have experience developing strategies to support, develop and engage a diverse workforce.
- Must be a hands-on professional with strong creative and conceptual skills, a proven track record working with and coaching department leadership, and exhibit a strong sense of urgency in exceeding company goals and objectives.
Experience providing exceptional customer service internally and externally
Ability to uphold and demonstrate the highest level of integrity in all situations and recognize standards required by a regulated business
Essential Job Functions:
Manages the recruiting process including reviewing applications, screening and testing applicants, conducting interviews, and responding to applicant inquiries. Manages job fairs and mass hiring events
Manages the JOB process for the casino.
Maintains a temporary staff consisting of both on-call employees and contracts with temporary staff vendors.
Conducts staffing needs analysis and develops staffing plans, writes and maintains updated job descriptions.
Develops sources of applicants and coordinates these activities with the Director of Human Resources.
Makes or recommends wage increases
Makes or recommends promotions
Maintains relationship with Tribal Gaming Commission.
Produces staffing reports (e.g. applicant flow, recruiting activity, and hiring activity).
Adheres to regulatory, departmental, and company policies in an ethical manner.
Spends the time necessary in interviewing, training, and selecting employees,
Conducts Performance Reviews
Establish credibility with management and employees in order to be an effective listener and problem solver of people issues.
Responsible, with the assistance of others, for the properties employee activities and parties.
Analyzes the training needs of the casino, and develops and implements a training plan and budget to meet the identified needs.
Designs and develops training materials and programs for all departments.
Schedules, coordinates and makes arrangements for Casino Operations management to assist them with specific job skills training during mass hiring situations and ongoing hiring after opening.
Develops and conducts train-the-trainer sessions for managers in order to teach them how to train, teach and coach employees when first hired and ongoing.
Manages a staff of trainers who provide training such as PPE, Interaction Management, and Disability Etiquette, and who can provide team-building activities.
Maintains records and ongoing analysis of training (e.g. skills inventory, ROI of training programs).
- Cultivates Innovation: Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful
- Instills Trust: Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity
- Collaborates: Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relating openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people
- Drives Vision: Painting a compelling picture of the vision and strategy that motivates others to action
- Being Resilient: Rebounding from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
- Must be able to work independently.
- Ability to read, writes, speak, and understand English.
- Must be able to bend, crouch, kneel, and twist in the work area.
- Respond to visual and aural cues.
- Must be able to operate a computer, typewriter, overhead, and copier and fax machine. Must have manual dexterity to operate all office equipment.
- Must be able to recognize and respond to individuals with questions.
- Must be able to maneuver around property to pick-up and deliver various paperwork
Harrah’s reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Preference is given to qualified Buena Vista Me-Wuk tribal members and members of other federally recognized tribes