Casino Operations Manager
Works in conjunction with the Assistant General Manager to oversee the operational and technical functions of the Slot, Valet, and Casino Beverage departments in accordance with approved policies, procedures and Internal Controls. Provides an efficient operation that presents a fair and honest gaming experience for guests, as well as courteous and prompt service by all employees.
- Must have the equivalent of ten years previous casino gaming knowledge which should include experience in Slot Operations.
- Must possess broad knowledge of casino rules, procedures, and regulations, with strong organizational, communication and leadership skills.
- Excellent customer service and employee skills are essential.
- Must have prior Casino Slot Shift Manager experience and a working knowledge of general business and accounting procedures.
- Must have knowledge of casino rules, procedures and regulations pertaining to Casino Slot Operations.
- Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team. Must present a well-groomed appearance
Essential Job Functions:
Responsible for supporting the Director of Gaming Operations in all departmental initiatives related hiring, training, and process/procedure development.
Maintains working knowledge of all local jurisdictional gaming laws (federal, state, and local) and attendant regulations as well as company internal controls.
Effectively executes strategies in support of business objectives. Sets high personal standards for performance and encourages others to do the same.
Monitors expenses to operate within established budgets.
Implements strategies and leads initiatives to continuously improve guest service and customer service scores.
Plans and approves employee scheduling to assure proper staffing to meet business demands; monitor staffing to ensure staff is properly aligned with business volumes.
Continually follows up and evaluates the status of daily work and strategic projects.
Applies Lean principles/techniques (i.e. apply countermeasures for waste, conduct daily visual mgt. and participate in kaizen events) to ensure quality and customer service is continuously improved.
Works with surveillance and other departments to aid in the protection of assets and maintain the efficiency and effectiveness of Slot operations.
Establishes and maintains departmental procedures that will assure proper protection of all gaming operations from loss due to mistake or theft.
Proactively recognizes, rewards and celebrates outstanding examples of employee performance.
Counsels, guides, evaluates and instructs assigned personnel in the performance of their duties.
Coaches direct reports in pertinent skills of operations, administration and promotes effective utilization of equipment and manpower.
Creates initiatives to improve the employee experience and employee opinion ratings.
Authorizes guest comps to recognize loyal players in accordance with company guidelines.
Ensures all guests problems are handled quickly to ensure guest satisfaction within the established guidelines.
Develops new gaming guests through personal contact with Player Development, Marketing and the Total Rewards Center.
Endorses the business objectives, ethics and values of the Company in accordance with the Code of Commitment and Service Profit Chain.
Consistently demonstrate legendary leadership, influence, drive, innovation and commercial awareness.
Any and all other job duties as assigned
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
- Must be able to maneuver to all areas of the casino, including in and around Pit areas.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, reach, kneel, twist and grip items when necessary.
- Must be able to respond calmly and make rational decisions when handling guests’ demands in a fast pace environment.
- Must be able to tolerate areas containing secondary smoke, high noise levels, bright lights and dust.
- Must be able to read, verify and sign appropriate documents relating to the game in a small area. Excellent vision (including peripheral) is needed to protect the games.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English. Must be able to respond to visual and aural cues.
Must be able to speak distinctly and persuasively to others.
Must be able to respond to visual and aural cues.
Must be able to tolerate areas containing second hand smoke.
Harrah’s reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Preference is given to qualified Buena Vista Me-Wuk tribal members and members of other federally recognized tribes