Cage Cashier Manager
Directs the cashiering area in a manner that safeguards the assets of the company. Establishes acceptable accounting procedures and internal controls and assures all external and internal regulations are met.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manages the personnel and operation of cashiering including safeguarding assets on assigned shifts while overseeing the distribution of bankrolls to money-handling departments.
- Management of cashiering variance policy and subsequent disciplinary measures.
- Perform labor and expense report analysis and ensures efficient utilization based upon business needs for Cashier department; ensures staff comprehends and practices EGE and Suggest service initiative skills.
- Establishes credit limits and provides extensions as defined by company policy for gaming guests.
- Manages banking activities, including processing of checks, markers, etc.
- Oversees the purchasing of currencies as needed and provide project management when needed.
- Fully integrates customer satisfaction strategy through anticipation of customer needs and service offerings.
- Implement and maintain adequate record keeping practices to allow easy access to statistical information for the budget process and monthly operating reporting for Cashier department.
- Participation in creation and management of department budget.
- Provides analysis on strategic initiatives such as turnover, Total Service, financial and operational goals.
- Ensures excellent guest courtesy and satisfaction while resolving disputes with guest when applicable.
- Responsible for coordinating the purchasing and receipt of operational supplies for all departments.
- Directly manages and monitors the proper issuance of gaming chips to other departments.
- Adheres to compliance of all gaming regulation and any other governmental agencies.
- Evaluates and counsels as needed, direct reports and other employees in order to maintain and enhance operations of the cashier department.
- Ensure total guest satisfaction and efficient operation for Cashier department.
- Acts as a role model to employees of the Cashier Department.
- Meets the attendance guidelines of the job and adheres to regulatory, departmental and company policies.
- College degree preferred (business administration, etc.).
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience as a cashier, with at least two years in a managerial position.
- Possess strong managerial and leadership skills.
- Must have excellent customer service/communication and written skills.
- Knowledgeable in data entry, read and interpret output from a computer.
- Must be able to work any day of the week and any shift, including holidays and weekends.
- Must pass background check, hair follicle drug test and MO Gaming License Process.
- Must present a well-groomed appearance.
Physical, Mental, and Envirnomental demands:
- Must be able to work with a team mentality.
- Mathematical abilities including addition and subtraction/accurate record keeping strongly required.
- Must have the dexterity to grip and work necessary items (chips, 10 key adding machine, money bags, computers, money, etc.).
- Must be able to bend, twist, turn, push and pull, as well as lift and carry above/below the shoulders a minimum of 25 lbs or more.
- Must be able to stand for prolonged periods of time or entire shift.
- Must be able to work at a fast pace and in stressful situations.
- Is able to tolerate areas containing second-hand smoke, high noise levels, bright lights and dust.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to maneuver around office and casino areas, effectively work in high traffic areas and responds to visual and aural cues.
Harrah’s reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Preference is given to qualified Buena Vista Me-Wuk tribal members and members of other federally recognized tribes