Responsible for managing procurement and expediting of all materials, supplies, equipment, services, etc. for the property.
- College degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years purchasing experience with at least 2 years in supervisor capacity preferred.
- Purchasing experience in the hotel/casino/hospitality industry preferred.
- Pervious computer experience on an inventory/purchasing system preferred.
- Must possess the ability to negotiate effectively with suppliers.
- Must be able to speak clearly and possess excellent phone etiquette.
- Must possess excellent customer service, team building (lateral support, report) organization, leadership and communication skills.
- Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team.
- Must present a well-groomed appearance.
Essential Job Functions:
- Leads, directs, implements, and supports initiatives and programs for the procurement of all material, supplies equipment, services, etc. for the property with the objective of supporting the overall goals of the property.
- Leads, directs, and coordinates the buyers and clerks at the property.
- Plays an active role in enabling and improving the supply management team (purchasing, receiving, warehouse, inventory control, food and beverage) and processes in all respects.
- Responsible for interviewing, training, and selecting employees
Conducts Performance Reviews
Makes or recommends wage increases
Makes or recommends promotions
Provides for safety and security
Handles employees' complaints or grievances
Recommends disciplinary action or disciplines employees
Supervises and monitors work
Monitors legal compliance with federal, state, and gaming laws
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
- Must be able to read, write, and understand English.
- Must be able to maneuver throughout all areas of the property.
- Must be able to lift up to 10 lbs and carry up to 20lbs.
- Must be able to work in stressful situations.
- Must be able to give, as well as respond to visual and aural cues.
Harrah’s reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Preference is given to qualified Buena Vista Me-Wuk tribal members and members of other federally recognized tribes