F&B Operations Manager
Responsible for the Management of Food & Beverage operation and ensures the department’s goals are achieved and maintained.
- College degree or equivalent experience is required.
- High - school diploma.
- Must have ten years in the field of food and beverage, including three years managerial experience in a multi-unit operation experience is required.
- Able and willing to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must have a professional appearance and be a team player.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assists in planning and developing menus and respective pricing structure.
- Institutes cost control procedures and standards of performance.
- Analyzes and evaluates food and beverage management, profit and loss statement information to determine alternate courses of action.
- Responsible for drafting timely capital requests
- Evaluates purchasing, market conditions, and availability of raw material to properly determine program and action required.
- Manage the Pool Operations department
- Ensures highest degree of customer satisfaction out of each food and beverage outlet.
- Adheres to regulatory, departmental, and company policies in an ethical manner.
- Outstanding example of and a credit to Harrah’s Entertainment, Inc.
- Responsible for interviewing, training, and selecting employees
- Spends a majority of time developing management team members
- Conducts timely Performance Reviews
- Makes or recommends wage increases
- Makes or recommends promotions
- Provides for safety and security
- Handles employees' complaints or grievances
- Recommends disciplinary action or disciplines employees
- Plans work
- Oversees to ensure operating areas are completing timely work such as employee reviews, Spotlights, variances, and other time sensitive work
- Supervises and monitors work
- Attends numerous management meetings while actively participating
- Monitors legal compliance with federal, state, and gaming laws
- Responsible for oversight and successfully operating Front of House Food and Beverage operations measured through Total Service and EOS / SFS scores
- Must be able to work any assigned shift or day
- Must be able to able to work successfully with a variety of diverse team members throughout the property
- Responsible for ensuring Marketing is actively supporting Food and Beverage operations through promotions, advertising, or other related means.
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
- Physically mobile with reasonable accommodations.
- Must be able to lift and carry upwards to 45 pounds.
- Must be able to bend, reach, kneel, twist and grip items while working at assigned desk area.
- Manual dexterity and coordination to operate office equipment, including 10 key adding machines, personal computers, fax machines, and photo- copiers.
- Operate in mentally and physically stressful situations.
- Respond to visual and aural cues.
Harrah’s reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Preference is given to qualified Buena Vista Me-Wuk tribal members and members of other federally recognized tribes