Market Engineer II
Performs problem determination and resolution and records all trouble situations reported to I.T. Responsible for providing first level support functions on desktop devices such as personal computers, laptops, printers, scanners, keyboards, computer mouse, card swipes, card embossers, Point of Sale terminals and PC based kiosks. Position also performs support for telephones and telephony related installations and may support audio and video systems set-ups.
- College training equivalent to at least an Associates Degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical training. Background experience in desktop support environment preferred. Some training in the telephony field beneficial.
- 3-5 year experience in a technical support role. (Minimum of three years in computer support with at least two years of advanced technical support.)
- Very strong personal computing skills recommended.
- Demonstrated intermediate to advanced level technical/troubleshooting skills in the desktop environment and related hardware and software products.
- Ability to be trained in supporting various desktop configurations.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of user environments.
- Demonstrated communication skills.
- Intermediate to advanced analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must have good customer service skills
- Must be well organized and detail oriented and be able to perform many tasks at one time.
Ability to work in a high-pressure, fast paced environment
Essential Job Functions:
- Respond to incident and service request tickets and ensure all client/user support requests are handled or escalated in a timely manner.
- Provide first-level support/configuration for all desktop systems including software and hardware, problem determination/isolation, analyzing problem data, performing data analysis, documenting findings, escalating complex problems to the appropriate I.T. staff or service vendors and communicating final resolution to clients and users.
- Support installation and implementation of connectivity for desktop devices and telephony equipment.
- Responsible for completion and documentation of all assigned day-to-day tasks/activities per the Daily Work Schedule for each system and shift. These functions include first level support for clients/users requests, printing, routing, and other duties.
- Maintain the latest procedures and documentation for all desktop platforms.
- Perform intermediate and advanced technical tasks on all desktop platforms.
- Use the help desk log to track and close all client/user calls/problems reported to I. T.
Ensure the computer/equipment room is maintained at prescribed temperature levels and in a clean and orderly condition.
Provide one-on-one training clients/users.
Monitor and report system performance issues as necessary.
- Participate in department driven projects.
- Maintain the confidential nature of matters pertaining to company records, policies, and customer lists. Shred reports containing sensitive data as determined by management.
Maintain a log of all system downtime and report all extended downtime to the supervisor and/or manager.
- Perform all duties in a manner that ensures the I.T. Department will meet or exceed the measurable objectives for service level to clients/users and system availability.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time. Guest service is an intricate portion of all job positions on property. Because of this, you may also be asked to perform other duties or tasks in focus of truly great service
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
Must be able to lift 50lbs.
Must be able to maneuver in and around casino and public areas.
Must be able to perform the physical duties of line employees in emergencies.
- Must have visual acuity.
- Must have home phone.
- Ability to note audio or visual warnings or error messages from system.
Able to lift, carry, push, pull, handle, reach or grip 50 pounds, above or below shoulders
Must be able to respond to visual and aural cues.
Must be able to tolerate areas containing second hand smoke.
Harrah’s reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Preference is given to qualified Buena Vista Me-Wuk tribal members and members of other federally recognized tribes