Part-time Laurel Lounge Server
Creates a warm and friendly atmosphere for our Diamond and Seven Star Guests by providing fast, friendly and courteous service while setting up the lounge, taking orders, serving beverages, clears dishes and returns them to the proper assigned area and assists in the preparation of drink orders as required.
- Required high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Required basic math skills including ability to count money and present correct change.
- Required excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Must be able to initiate and engage in conversation in a professional and friendly manner.
- Preferred knowledge of or ability to learn guest charge procedures.
- Preferred knowledge of or ability to learn tray service and cocktail ingredients.
- Preferred knowledge of beers, wines, and liquors.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides fast, friendly, professional beverage service to casino guests.
- Provides personalized service and uses guest name.
- Resolves service problems according to service recovery guidelines.
- Serves as ambassador of goodwill while working at customer and public relations functions; may appear in publicity photos.
- Actively promotes casino events and programs.
- Monitor guest consumption of alcohol and intervene as needed according to Responsible Alcohol Management training and property guidelines.
- Promote guests’ sense of luck on gaming floor by sincerely wishing customers luck and minimizing wait time.
- Takes and enters drink orders into computer system, communicates with bartender utilizing the proper calling order, assists in the preparation of drinks and presents drinks to guests.
- Handles money according to departmental procedure.
- Services guests according to the company standard sequence of service.
- Performs routine server station work such as setting buffet, stocking plates, bowls, and silverware, etc.
- Clears and cleans tables and work area as needed.
- Ensures set-up and breakdown of lounge at beginning and end of shift along with daily cleaning tasks.
- Has complete knowledge of items served, prices and drink recipes.
- All team members will follow the Everyone Greets Everyone (EGE) policy. It is the expectation that every team member, front or back of house, should proactively seek out opportunities to greet guests and their fellow team members daily. EGE policy states teams members should: acknowledge guests and fellow team members within 10 feet; initiate friendly verbal greeting within 5 feet; keep your head up, look around (“head on a swivel”); look for opportunities to greet guests and others; please remember that when you are on the floor, you are “on stage”.
- Team members will participate in all mandatory meetings and pre-shift BUZZ sessions.
- Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to respond to visual and aural ques.
- Must present a well-groomed, professional appearance.
- Meets the attendance guidelines of the job and complies with all state, federal and regulatory policies and procedures.
- Must be able to work a varied schedule including holidays, nights and weekends as needed.
- Must be able to work a reasonable amount of overtime when required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
- Must be able to work and maneuver in a close or small working environment during entire shift.
- Must be able to access kitchen area when picking up food and maneuver to and from during entire shift.
- Must be able to work at a fast pace in mentally and physically stressful situations.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, twist and grip when serving cocktails.
- Must possess the manual dexterity to complete required “side work”.
- Must be able to stand and walk for long hours.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to push carts weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Must be able to use proper team lifting and carrying techniques.
- Must be able to work in areas containing secondhand smoke, dust, loud noises and bright lights.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION VISIT OUR WEBSITE: https://harrahsnorcal.prismhr-hire.com/
Harrah’s reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, or marital status. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Preference is given to qualified Buena Vista Me-Wuk tribal members and members of other federally recognized tribes.