Restaurant Lead - American Outlet
Leads the restaurant outlet teammates in all aspects of day to day operations on their shift. Assigns tasks and duties to ensure smooth operating restaurant outlet. Handles minor guest issues and escalates any concerns to the supervisor.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Preferred 1-year previous experience in food service.
- Preferred minimum 6-months money-handling and cash register experience.
- Preferred previous restaurant experience.
- Must possess excellent customer service and communication skills.
Essential Job Functions:
- Acknowledges, greets and converses with customers.
- Trains new employees in all aspects of the outlet.
- Processes cash transactions by accepting money and making necessary change, while presenting a receipt to the customer.
- Keeps counters, equipment and cart areas clean and well stocked.
- Maintains open communication with guests/employees.
- Ensures positive guest service while taking appropriate actions to exceed guest expectations.
- Ensures day to day tasks and duties are completed by employees, escalating any concerns to the supervisor.
- Maintains an awareness of all menu items.
- Relays pertinent information to employees.
- Stays up to date on all promotions/special events.
- Keeps work area neat, clean and stocked with supplies.
- Follows company and department policies and procedures.
- Recognizes employees for being good team players.
- All team members will follow the Everyone Greets Everyone (EGE) policy. It is the expectation that every team member, front or back of house, should proactively seek out opportunities to greet guests and their fellow team members daily. EGE policy states teams members should: acknowledge guests and fellow team members within 10 feet; initiate friendly verbal greeting within 5 feet; keep your head up, look around (“head on a swivel”); look for opportunities to greet guests and others; please remember that when you are on the floor, you are “on stage”.
- Team members will participate in all mandatory meetings and pre-shift BUZZ sessions.
- Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to respond to visual and aural ques.
- Must present a well-groomed, professional appearance.
- Meets the attendance guidelines of the job and complies with all state, federal and regulatory policies and procedures.
- Must be able to work a varied schedule including holidays, nights and weekends as needed.
- Must be able to work a reasonable amount of overtime when required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to push carts weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Must be able to use proper team lifting and carrying techniques.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, crouch, kneel, twist, push, pull and balance when stocking, storing and cleaning assigned areas.
- Must be able to tolerate hot temperatures.
- Must be able to work in areas containing secondhand smoke, dust, loud noises and bright lights.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION VISIT OUR WEBSITE: https://harrahsnorcal.prismhr-hire.com/
Harrah’s reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, or marital status. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Preference is given to qualified Buena Vista Me-Wuk tribal members and members of other federally recognized tribes.