VIP Transportation Driver - Part Time
As a member of the VIP Hospitality team, the role of a VIP Transportation Driver is to provide transportation services to and from in company vehicles.
- Required high school diploma or equivalent.
- Required at least 21 years of age.
- Required to have a valid California driver’s license, and driver record with no moving violations or traffic citations in the past 5 years.
- Preferred Class C California Driver License.
- Required ability to read and understand highway maps.
- Preferred basic knowledge of local Sacramento and Ione area.
- Preferred knowledge and familiarity with area highways, airports, hotels and attractions.
- Required ability to drive and operate all types of passenger vehicles and light trucks including vehicles with manual transmissions. Ability to operate these vehicles in a variety of extreme traffic and various weather conditions.
- Preferred one-year (1) of Valet or driving experience.
- Must have the ability to deal with a variety of people in a courteous and professional manner.
- Ability to work independently.
Essential Job Functions:
- With a sense of urgency, assists selected guests promptly and courteously with transportation services on and off property.
- Drives safely, obeying all traffic laws.
- Answers general questions about Harrah’s Northern California, promotes property benefits, and local things to do.
- Inspects vehicle prior to occupancy verifying that the vehicle fluid levels and fuels are appropriate, that the vehicle is clean, well-stocked and in working order. Communicates with the Supervisor to report any mechanical difficulties and/or maintenance needs of the vehicle.
- Presents a clean, neat, well-groomed appearance, wearing only the designated Transportation Uniform while on the job.
- Maintains written record of all trips, number of passengers, departure and arrival times, dispatcher’s name and destination.
- Is flexible and receptive to change in work environment, procedure, and schedule as required by business demands.
- Adheres to regulatory, departmental and company policies in an ethical manner.
- Builds memorable relationships with guests, assists guests with their luggage, and travel itinerary.
- All team members will follow the Everyone Greets Everyone (EGE) policy. It is the expectation that every team member, front or back of house, should proactively seek out opportunities to greet guests and their fellow team members daily. EGE policy states teams members should: acknowledge guests and fellow team members within 10 feet; initiate friendly verbal greeting within 5 feet; keep your head up, look around (“head on a swivel”); look for opportunities to greet guests and others; please remember that when you are on the floor, you are “on stage”.
- Team members will participate in all mandatory meetings and pre-shift BUZZ sessions.
- Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to respond to visual and aural ques.
- Must present a well-groomed, professional appearance.
- Meets the attendance guidelines of the job and complies with all state, federal and regulatory policies and procedures.
- Must be able to work a varied schedule including holidays, nights and weekends as needed.
- Must be able to work a reasonable amount of overtime when required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
- Must be able to work and quickly maneuver inside and outside casino in varying temperatures and outdoor weather conditions.
- Must be able to respond calmly in crisis and demanding situations, particularly when situations involve customer or employee conflicts.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, reach, kneel, twist as necessary.
- Must be able to grip objects and have good finger movement.
- Must be able to work in areas containing secondhand smoke, dust, loud noises and bright lights.
- Must be able to sit for longer periods of time, up to 4 hours at a time.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to converse over the telephone in situations where there is loud and disruptive background noise.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION VISIT OUR WEBSITE: https://harrahsnorcal.prismhr-hire.com/
Harrah’s reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, or marital status. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Preference is given to qualified Buena Vista Me-Wuk tribal members and members of other federally recognized tribes.