Provides friendly service to all internal customers through the procurement of goods and services at the best possible price, service and quality.
- Required minimum 5 years’ buying experience.
- Required degree from a four-year college or university.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must possess excellent customer service, strong team building (lateral, support, report) and communication skills.
- Must have a “can do” attitude and approach challenges from a problem-solving perspective.
- Required to be able to type at least 25 wpm.
- Must be able to speak clearly and possess excellent phone etiquette.
- Preferred supervisory or management experience.
- Preferred computer experience on an inventory/purchasing system.
Essential Job Functions:
- Works with outside vendors by conducting open bids for supplies and services.
- Negotiates with vendors and internal customers and reaches an agreement on prices that will satisfy both parties.
- Communicates with department managers regarding their purchase orders.
- Inputs data entry on purchase orders into the computer system.
- Produces clear and precise specifications when ordering items.
- All team members will follow the Everyone Greets Everyone (EGE) policy. It is the expectation that every team member, front or back of house, should proactively seek out opportunities to greet guests and their fellow team members daily. EGE policy states teams members should: acknowledge guests and fellow team members within 10 feet; initiate friendly verbal greeting within 5 feet; keep your head up, look around (“head on a swivel”); look for opportunities to greet guests and others; please remember that when you are on the floor, you are “on stage”.
- Team members will participate in all mandatory meetings and pre-shift BUZZ sessions.
- Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to respond to visual and aural ques.
- Must present a well-groomed, professional appearance.
- Must be able to speak in a pleasant, quiet, and understandable tone of voice.
- Meets the attendance guidelines of the job and complies with all state, federal and regulatory policies and procedures.
- Must be able to work a varied schedule including holidays, nights and weekends as needed.
- Must be able to work a reasonable amount of overtime when required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
- Must be able to sit for periods of four or more hours at a time.
- Must be able to maneuver throughout all areas of the property.
- Must be able to work in stressful situations.
- Must have the manual dexterity to fill out and process the required paperwork and operate the following office equipment: computer, printer, typewriter, photocopy and fax machine.
- Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds, push and pull a cart up to 30 pounds and carry up to 20 pounds.
- Must be able to concentrate for long periods of time and able to calmly respond and handle internal customers’ concerns and needs.
- Must be able to work in areas containing secondhand smoke, dust, loud noises and bright lights.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION VISIT OUR WEBSITE: https://harrahsnorcal.prismhr-hire.com/
Harrah’s reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, or marital status. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Preference is given to qualified Buena Vista Me-Wuk tribal members and members of other federally recognized tribes.