Steward Part Time
Cleans and sanitizes all dishes, pots and pans, and silverware to be used by guests and employees of the casino. Cleans and sanitizes kitchen equipment. Removes kitchen waste and trash.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Preferred minimum 6-months previous kitchen work experience.
- Preferred previous housekeeping and/or cleaning experience.
Essential Job Functions:
- Cleans food preparation areas.
- Washes and sanitizes dishes including china, plates, flatware, utensils, pots and pans, etc. either by hand or by using dishwasher machinery.
- Cleans and stocks supplies such as plates, utensils, pots, pans, and other kitchen utensil items.
- Replenishes all non-food items as needed.
- Lifts bus tubs to bus carts and pushes carts to the kitchen.
- Removes trash from kitchen areas and places in dumpster.
- Break down empty boxes from kitchen areas and places in dumpster.
- Maintains the proper level of sanitation in accordance with Health Department and stewarding standards in all kitchen outlets.
- Cleans and sanitizes all kitchen equipment in a safe manner.
- All team members will follow the Everyone Greets Everyone (EGE) policy. It is the expectation that every team member, front or back of house, should proactively seek out opportunities to greet guests and their fellow team members daily. EGE policy states teams members should: acknowledge guests and fellow team members within 10 feet; initiate friendly verbal greeting within 5 feet; keep your head up, look around (“head on a swivel”); look for opportunities to greet guests and others; please remember that when you are on the floor, you are “on stage”.
- Team members will participate in all mandatory meetings and pre-shift BUZZ sessions.
- Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to respond to visual and aural ques.
- Must present a well-groomed, professional appearance.
- Meets the attendance guidelines of the job and complies with all state, federal and regulatory policies and procedures.
- Must be able to work a varied schedule including holidays, nights and weekends as needed.
- Must be able to work a reasonable amount of overtime when required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
- Must be able to work inside and maneuver throughout the kitchen areas, sometimes in small spaces.
- Must be able to tolerate hot temperatures in excess of 100 degrees near dishwashing machine - when assigned to this task for entire shift.
- Must be able to tolerate chemicals for cleaning and sanitizing kitchen areas.
- Must be able to wear kitchen protective gloves for entire shift.
- Must be able to operate dishwashing machine.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to push and pull carts weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Must be able to use proper team lifting and carrying techniques.
- Must be able to stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, push and pull while performing kitchen duties.
- Must be able to stack racks of dishes and silverware.
- Must be able to work in areas containing secondhand smoke, dust, loud noises and bright lights.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION VISIT OUR WEBSITE: https://harrahsnorcal.prismhr-hire.com/
Harrah’s reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, or marital status. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Preference is given to qualified Buena Vista Me-Wuk tribal members and members of other federally recognized tribes.