Steward - Heavy Duty
Deep cleans of all Food Department back of the house areas/equipment within levels of sanitation in accordance with Health Department.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Preferred minimum 6-months previous kitchen work experience.
- Preferred previous housekeeping and/or cleaning experience.
Essential Job Functions:
- Degreases, cleans and polishes the kitchen hoods.
- Wipes down all walls & doors.
- Cleans grease build-up behind all equipment.
- Cleans and degreases all pipes.
- Polishes outsides of refrigerators.
- Cleans and polishes tables, counters, shelves, steam tables and hand sinks.
- Cleans and degreases grills, stoves, fryers, broilers, burners, ovens, flat tops and all prep areas.
- Cleans all air vents and air conditioning registers.
- Cleans and degreases all rubber matting.
- Removes all garbage, washes trash cans and replaces liners.
- Sweeps floors to remove any gum or substances.
- Soaks floors with degreaser.
- Uses floor cleaning machine to scrub kitchen floors.
- Cleans, drains and pours enzymes into drains.
- All team members will follow the Everyone Greets Everyone (EGE) policy. It is the expectation that every team member, front or back of house, should proactively seek out opportunities to greet guests and their fellow team members daily. EGE policy states teams members should: acknowledge guests and fellow team members within 10 feet; initiate friendly verbal greeting within 5 feet; keep your head up, look around (“head on a swivel”); look for opportunities to greet guests and others; please remember that when you are on the floor, you are “on stage”.
- Team members will participate in all mandatory meetings and pre-shift BUZZ sessions.
- Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to respond to visual and aural ques.
- Must present a well-groomed, professional appearance.
- Meets the attendance guidelines of the job and complies with all state, federal and regulatory policies and procedures.
- Must be able to work a varied schedule including holidays, nights and weekends as needed.
- Must be able to work a reasonable amount of overtime when required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
- Must be able to work inside and maneuver throughout the kitchen areas.
- Must be able to tolerate temperatures in excess of 100 degrees near dish machine, or cold in excess of 0 degrees in freezers.
- Must be able to use the cleaning equipment/chemicals including but not limited to floor scrubbers, vacuums, blowers, degreaser, multi-purpose, enzymes, etc.
- Must be able to tolerate chemicals for cleaning and sanitizing kitchen areas.
- Must be able to operate all kitchen equipment and machinery.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to push and pull carts weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Must be able to use proper team listing and carrying techniques.
- Must be able to stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, push and pull while performing kitchen duties.
- Must be able to work in areas containing secondhand smoke, dust, loud noises and bright lights.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION VISIT OUR WEBSITE: https://harrahsnorcal.prismhr-hire.com/
Harrah’s reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, or marital status. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Preference is given to qualified Buena Vista Me-Wuk tribal members and members of other federally recognized tribes.