Protects company assets and provides a safe environment for employees and guests. Provides emergency medical assistance when necessary.
- Required high school diploma or equivalent.
- Required 2-years’ experience in a position with direct guest contact.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Required current certification/license as an EMT by the State of California.
- Required to have valid California driver’s license with no DUI’s or suspensions within the last three years.
- Must be able to prepare effective written reports.
- Must possess excellent customer and employee relations skills.
- Must be able to obtain Alcohol Awareness, First Aid and CPR certifications.
- Preferred 2-years’ police, military police, or casino security experience.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for the safety and well-being of guests and fellow employees.
- Gives directions and provides escort to customers in need.
- Provides assistance to civil and law enforcement authorities, including testimony in court and other administrative hearings.
- Makes chip fills, jackpot verifications.
- Regularly provides escorts of money and persons in money-handling positions.
- Provides first aid, including CPR when necessary.
- Patrols all sections of property to identify safety hazards and breaks in security.
- Interviews, investigates and documents all applicable incidents in accordance with company policy.
- Makes lost and found detailed descriptions of people and incidents.
- Enforces all company policies and procedures.
- EMT must be present for each gaming session.
- Primary first responder to all medical emergencies for guest and employee injuries and illnesses.
- Provides emergency medical/multi-media first aid and determines requirements for emergency treatment off-property.
- All team members will follow the Everyone Greets Everyone (EGE) policy. It is the expectation that every team member, front or back of house, should proactively seek out opportunities to greet guests and their fellow team members daily. EGE policy states teams members should: acknowledge guests and fellow team members within 10 feet; initiate friendly verbal greeting within 5 feet; keep your head up, look around (“head on a swivel”); look for opportunities to greet guests and others; please remember that when you are on the floor, you are “on stage”.
- Team members will participate in all mandatory meetings and pre-shift BUZZ sessions.
- Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to respond to visual and aural ques.
- Must present a well-groomed, professional appearance.
- Meets the attendance guidelines of the job and complies with all state, federal and regulatory policies and procedures.
- Must be able to work a varied schedule including holidays, nights and weekends as needed.
- Must be able to work a reasonable amount of overtime when required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
- Must be able to maneuver to all areas of the casino.
- Must be able to work and quickly maneuver inside and outside, sometimes in temperatures in excess of 115 degrees and as cold as 10 degrees.
- Must be able to physically restrain adults who weight more than 200 pounds.
- Must be able to respond calmly in crisis and stressful situations.
- Must be able to stoop, bend, jump, twist, crouch, grip, carry heavy loads, and maneuver quickly on level surfaces, as well as, up and down stairs.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 60 pounds.
- Must be able to push or pull up to 150 pounds.
- Must be able to use proper team lifting and carrying techniques.
- Must be able to make rational decisions when handling guest and employee issues.
- Must be able to see and remember the specific details of incidents and persons.
- Must be able to give court testimony when necessary and write detailed reports.
- Must be able to work in areas containing secondhand smoke, dust, loud noises and bright lights.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION VISIT OUR WEBSITE: https://harrahsnorcal.prismhr-hire.com/
Harrah’s reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, or marital status. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Preference is given to qualified Buena Vista Me-Wuk tribal members and members of other federally recognized tribes.