Count Room Lead
Directs the operations of the count room team while providing a positive work environment, encouraging teamwork and cooperation within the department.
- Required high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Preferred adding machine, computer terminal operation, and currency counting machine skills.
- Preferred basic mechanical (repair) ability.
- Preferred prior supervisory experience.
- Preferred prior count room or money handling experience (casino or bank).
Essential Job Functions:
- Sorts, counts, and records contents of table game drop boxes, bill changers and currency drop boxes, according to set procedures.
- Compares information contained in drop boxes to data stored on computer terminal.
- Responsible for daily reports, minor repairs and maintenance of soft count equipment.
- Reads and records slot machine meter readings.
- Responsible for general upkeep of soft count room and ordering.
- Spends the majority of time interviewing, training, and selecting employees.
- Conducts performance reviews; makes or recommends wage increases; makes or recommends promotions.
- Provides for safety and security.
- Handles employees' complaints or grievances; recommends disciplinary action or disciplines employees.
- Supervises and monitors work.
- Monitors legal compliance with federal, state, and gaming laws
- Performs the job duties of hard count and soft count team members as needed.
- All team members will follow the Everyone Greets Everyone (EGE) policy. It is the expectation that every team member, front or back of house, should proactively seek out opportunities to greet guests and their fellow team members daily. EGE policy states teams members should: acknowledge guests and fellow team members within 10 feet; initiate friendly verbal greeting within 5 feet; keep your head up, look around (“head on a swivel”); look for opportunities to greet guests and others; please remember that when you are on the floor, you are “on stage”.
- Team members will participate in all mandatory meetings and pre-shift BUZZ sessions.
- Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to respond to visual and aural ques.
- Must present a well-groomed, professional appearance.
- Meets the attendance guidelines of the job and complies with all state, federal and regulatory policies and procedures.
- Must be able to work a varied schedule including holidays, nights and weekends as needed.
- Must be able to work a reasonable amount of overtime when required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
- Must be able to maneuver in and around all count rooms.
- Must be able to respond calmly in crisis and stressful situations, including employee conflicts.
- Must be able to push and pull carts and carry up to 75 pounds of boxes filled with currency.
- Must be able to grip objects and have good finger movement when counting and handling currency.
- Must be able to differentiate denominations of chips and authenticity of currency.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods.
- Must be able to operate a computer, 10-key adding machine, and money counter.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, reach, kneel, twist as necessary.
- Must be able to work in areas containing secondhand smoke, dust, loud noises and bright lights.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION VISIT OUR WEBSITE: https://harrahsnorcal.prismhr-hire.com/
Harrah’s reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, or marital status. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Preference is given to qualified Buena Vista Me-Wuk tribal members and members of other federally recognized tribes.