Room Chef - Louie Oliver's
Responsible for all kitchen operations in Louie Oliver’s. Supervises Louie Oliver’s cooks. Manages and over sees production in all kitchens. Maintains high quality of food preparations and production while managing all aspects of back of house kitchen business. Embraces and maintains company service culture and core values. Exhibits leadership and vision to align, inspire, develop, and motivate team members.
- Required minimum 5-years’ overall experience in the food service industry.
- Required excellent interpersonal, customer service, communication, team building, and problem-solving skills.
- Must be a graduate of a 2-year culinary program with emphasis on food production management, with 2-years’ experience as a kitchen manager or supervisor in a casino or restaurant serving at least 5,000 covers per week.
- Must have proven track record in quality, productivity, and presentation.
- Must have ability to analyze financial information and arrive at the correct conclusions.
- Preferred multiple outlet experience and fine dining experience.
Essential Job Functions:
- Leads the Louie Oliver’s kitchen team.
- Works cooperatively with the front of house manager of Louie Oliver’s to achieve excellent product for our guests.
- Manages the production side of food service in Louie Oliver’s.
- Creates new recipes and contributes to the menu format.
- Conducts non-standard product tests and selections.
- Coordinates with purchasing the procurement of food and beverage products for use.
- Ensures that standardized and national-contract products are used in the kitchen.
- Maintains current recipe files and enforces the consistent use of recipes by staff.
- Ensures that safe and appropriate procedures are used when receiving, storing, preparing, holding, cooking, and serving food.
- Uses HACCP sanitation guidelines and procedures when doing the above.
- Inspects and tastes prepared foods to ensure excellent quality and presentation.
- Oversees the repair and cleanliness of all assigned back of house areas. Oversees the appropriate operation and maintenance of kitchen equipment and other kitchen assets.
- Oversees the kitchen safety programs for Louie Oliver’s.
- Participates in the budgeting and planning processes.
- Maintains food, labor, and other expenses at budgeted levels, using established procedures.
- Ensures that appropriate staffing levels are maintained in the kitchen. Hires, trains, supervise and develops kitchen staff.
- Develops and maintains a positive work environment.
- Reports any problems to the Executive Sous Chef.
- Conducts Performance Reviews, makes or recommends wage increases, makes or recommends promotions.
- Handles employees' complaints or grievances; recommends disciplinary action or disciplines employees.
- All team members will follow the Everyone Greets Everyone (EGE) policy. It is the expectation that every team member, front or back of house, should proactively seek out opportunities to greet guests and their fellow team members daily. EGE policy states teams members should: acknowledge guests and fellow team members within 10 feet; initiate friendly verbal greeting within 5 feet; keep your head up, look around (“head on a swivel”); look for opportunities to greet guests and others; please remember that when you are on the floor, you are “on stage”.
- Team members will participate in all mandatory meetings and pre-shift BUZZ sessions.
- Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to respond to visual and aural ques.
- Must present a well-groomed, professional appearance.
- Meets the attendance guidelines of the job and complies with all state, federal and regulatory policies and procedures.
- Must be able to work a varied schedule including holidays, nights and weekends as needed.
- Must be able to work a reasonable amount of overtime when required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
- Must be able to work and maneuver in a close or small kitchen/working environment during entire shift.
- Must be able to tolerate areas with extreme hot and cold temperatures.
- Must have dexterity to use knives and other hand-held instruments as well as food preparation equipment required.
- Must be able to tolerate chemicals for cleaning and sanitizing kitchen areas.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to push carts weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Must be able to use proper team lifting and carrying techniques.
- Must be able to bend, reach, kneel, twist and grip items when necessary.
- Must be able to work at a fast pace and in stressful situations.
- Must be able to work in areas containing secondhand smoke, dust, loud noises and bright lights.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION VISIT OUR WEBSITE: https://harrahsnorcal.prismhr-hire.com/
Harrah’s reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, or marital status. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Preference is given to qualified Buena Vista Me-Wuk tribal members and members of other federally recognized tribes.