Market Engineer II - IT Supervisor
Performs problem determination and resolution and records all trouble situations reported to the IT Department. Responsible for providing first level support functions on desktop devices such as personal computers, laptops, printers, scanners, keyboards, computer mouse, card swipes, card embossers, point of sale terminals and PC based kiosks. Position also performs support for telephones and telephone related installations and may support audio and video systems set-ups.
- Required college training equivalent to an associate degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical training.
- Required 3-5 years’ experience in a technical support role (minimum of 3-years in computer support with at least 2-years of advanced technical support).
- Required intermediate to advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have strong personal computing skills.
- Must have the ability to be trained in supporting various desktop configurations.
- Must have good customer service skills and communication skills.
- Must be well organized and detail oriented and be able to perform many tasks at one time.
- Preferred background experience in desktop support environment; some training in the telephony field beneficial.
- Preferred intermediate to advanced knowledge of user environments.
- Preferred intermediate to advanced level technical/troubleshooting skills in the desktop environment and related hardware and software products.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responds to incident and service request tickets and ensure all client/user support requests are handled or escalated in a timely manner.
- Provides first-level support/configuration for all desktop systems including software and hardware, problem determination/isolation, analyzing problem data, performing data analysis, documenting findings, escalating complex problems to the appropriate IT staff or service vendors and communicating final resolution to clients and users.
- Supports installation and implementation of connectivity for desktop devices and telephony equipment.
- Responsible for completion and documentation of all assigned day-to-day tasks/activities per the Daily Work Schedule for each system and shift. These functions include first level support for client/user requests, printing, routing, and other duties.
- Maintains the latest procedures and documentation for all desktop platforms.
- Performs intermediate and advanced technical tasks on all desktop platforms.
- Uses the help desk log to track and close all client/user calls/problems reported to IT.
- Ensures the computer/equipment room is maintained at prescribed temperature levels and in a clean and orderly condition.
- Provides one-on-one training clients/users.
- Monitors and reports system performance issues as necessary.
- Participates in department driven projects.
- Maintains the confidential nature of matters pertaining to company records, policies, and customer lists. Shreds reports containing sensitive data as determined by management.
- Maintains a log of all system downtime and reports all extended downtime to the supervisor and/or manager.
- Performs all duties in a manner that ensures the IT Department will meet or exceed the measurable objectives for service level to clients/users and system availability.
- All team members will follow the Everyone Greets Everyone (EGE) policy. It is the expectation that every team member, front or back of house, should proactively seek out opportunities to greet guests and their fellow team members daily. EGE policy states teams members should: acknowledge guests and fellow team members within 10 feet; initiate friendly verbal greeting within 5 feet; keep your head up, look around (“head on a swivel”); look for opportunities to greet guests and others; please remember that when you are on the floor, you are “on stage”.
- Team members will participate in all mandatory meetings and pre-shift BUZZ sessions.
- Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to respond to visual and aural ques.
- Must present a well-groomed, professional appearance.
- Meets the attendance guidelines of the job and complies with all state, federal and regulatory policies and procedures.
- Must be able to work a varied schedule including holidays, nights and weekends as needed.
- Must be able to work a reasonable amount of overtime when required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
- Must be able to maneuver in and around casino and public areas.
- Must be able to note audio or visual warnings or error messages from system.
- Must be able to lift, carry, push, pull, handle, reach or grip 50 pounds, above or below shoulders
- Must be able to work in a high-pressure, fast paced environment.
- Must be able to work in areas containing secondhand smoke, dust, loud noises and bright lights.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION VISIT OUR WEBSITE: https://harrahsnorcal.prismhr-hire.com/
Harrah’s reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, or marital status. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Preference is given to qualified Buena Vista Me-Wuk tribal members and members of other federally recognized tribes.