Performs advanced casino accounting functions in regard to all revenue audits and compliance audits. Reviews and performs daily gaming and non-gaming audit functions, which include reconciling, analyzing, recording, and summarizing numbers and reviewing documents for proper completion. In addition, performs account reconciliations. Key communicator with operating departments to ensure correct operating procedures are adhered to in accordance with the internal control standards.
- Required high school graduate or equivalent.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Required progressive experience in gaming audit functions required.
- Required in depth knowledge of internal and accounting control procedures of gaming operations.
- Required proficiency with 10-key by touch.
- Required proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Access software.
- Must demonstrate the ability to lead, guide, direct, develop and motivate people at all levels.
- Preferred experience in internal audit.
- Preferred familiarity of casino management systems.
- Preferred ability to use technical and complex auditing software.
Essential Job Functions:
- Demonstrates leadership skills by leading, guiding, training and motivating people at all levels.
- Consistently produces accurate and timely audits on all large and small audits, including an understanding of systems as they relate to the various audits.
- Reviews Auditor I work for accuracy.
- Assists all auditors with audit issues; gives direction and supervises auditors.
- Assists as the 2nd Review for Title 31 Audit.
- Assists supervisor with training and scheduling.
- Demonstrates good decision making and problem solving with very little guidance from supervisor.
- Meets all reporting deadlines to departments.
- Investigates clearing account discrepancies for accounting.
- Compiles, reviews, and distributes the daily operating report and daily results.
- Demonstrates complex problem solving and research skills related to the audits.
- Communicates any “out of the ordinary” discrepancies to the supervisor or manager.
- Acts as back-up for all functions of the department during heavy volume periods.
- Works closely with operating departments to ensure internal compliance guidelines are followed and to solve audit problems/issues.
- Works closely with the analyst daily to ensure all audits were balanced and daily reports are completed.
- All team members will follow the Everyone Greets Everyone (EGE) policy. It is the expectation that every team member, front or back of house, should proactively seek out opportunities to greet guests and their fellow team members daily. EGE policy states teams members should: acknowledge guests and fellow team members within 10 feet; initiate friendly verbal greeting within 5 feet; keep your head up, look around (“head on a swivel”); look for opportunities to greet guests and others; please remember that when you are on the floor, you are “on stage”.
- Team members will participate in all mandatory meetings and pre-shift BUZZ sessions.
- Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to respond to visual and aural ques.
- Must present a well-groomed, professional appearance.
- Meets the attendance guidelines of the job and complies with all state, federal and regulatory policies and procedures.
- Must be able to work a varied schedule including holidays, nights and weekends as needed.
- Must be able to work a reasonable amount of overtime when required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
- Must be able to maneuver around various areas throughout the casino.
- Must be able to operate a 10-key adding machine, a computer keyboard, and a small electronic device for storing meter readings.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time and view information displayed on a computer screen.
- Must be able to bend, reach, kneel, twist and grip items while working at assigned desk area.
- Must have the manual dexterity to operate office equipment.
- Must be able to work in areas containing secondhand smoke, dust, loud noises and bright lights.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION VISIT OUR WEBSITE: https://harrahsnorcal.prismhr-hire.com/
Harrah’s reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, or marital status. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Preference is given to qualified Buena Vista Me-Wuk tribal members and members of other federally recognized tribes.