Dual Rate Cashier Supervisor
Reports to Cage Cashier Supervisor and supports the overall personnel and operation of the cage on an assigned shift in the absence of the Cage Cashier Supervisor. Involved in training new cashiers and cross training current team members in additional banks. Provides a positive work environment, encouraging teamwork and cooperation within the department, and other departments. Protects company assets while dealing with the public in an efficient and courteous manner. Cashes negotiable instruments, cashes-in chips, sells or buys coin, orders and receives cash/coin from bank, and assists customers to establish check cashing limits.
- Required high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Required experience in casino cashier/credit areas.
- Required minimum of 2-years’ experience as a Cage Cashier, with experience in all phases of the cage operation.
- Must possess basic math skills including ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide without calculator.
- Strong computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office.
- Must have proven self as a good communicator, mediator and decision-maker.
- Must have excellent leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Must have excellent organizational skills.
- Preferred prior experience in a supervisory capacity.
Essential Job Functions:
- Collaborates with work group and all support departments to ensure player satisfaction.
- Conducts all transactions in a confidential manner, under surveillance.
- Performs all types of money-handling functions including check cashing and converting coin, tokens, and gaming chips into currency.
- Counts money and chips and reconciles banks.
- Orders currency to refill supplies.
- Accepts, delivers, and issues credit card cash to customers.
- Dispenses coins/chips to other cashiers.
- Processes funds transactions for the cashiering department and other casino personnel.
- Processes new check cashing applications.
- Records information regarding transactions on reports and forms.
- Maintains internal controls with reports describing errors and discrepancies.
- Communicates all relevant information to co-workers and management to maintain consistency and avoid potential problems.
- Maintains high standards of courtesy, professionalism, confidentiality and discretion in all communications to, about, or with customers including their arrangements and finances.
- Maintains security and confidentiality of files, records, and lists.
- Performs banking activities for this property, including processing of checks, markers, etc.; purchasing of currencies/coins as needed.
- Supports supervision of overall operation of Cashier Department personnel in the absence of the Cage Cashier Manager and/or Supervisor.
- Ensures excellent guest courtesy and satisfaction; resolves disputes with guests when applicable.
- Establishes check-cashing limits.
- Recommends procedure changes that ensure proper accountability for gaming guests.
- Provides assistance to other departments where cashiering and credit experience may be applicable.
- Evaluates and counsels as needed, direct reports and other employees to maintain and enhance operations of the Cashier Department.
- Supports labor efforts of interviewing, training, selecting and promoting employees.
- Provides for safety and security.
- Handles employees' complaints or grievances; recommends disciplinary action and/or disciplines employees.
- Plans, supervises and monitors work.
- All team members will follow the Everyone Greets Everyone (EGE) policy. It is the expectation that every team member, front or back of house, should proactively seek out opportunities to greet guests and their fellow team members daily. EGE policy states teams members should: acknowledge guests and fellow team members within 10 feet; initiate friendly verbal greeting within 5 feet; keep your head up, look around (“head on a swivel”); look for opportunities to greet guests and others; please remember that when you are on the floor, you are “on stage”.
- Team members will participate in all mandatory meetings and pre-shift BUZZ sessions.
- Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to respond to visual and aural ques.
- Must present a well-groomed, professional appearance.
- Meets the attendance guidelines of the job and complies with all state, federal and regulatory policies and procedures.
- Must be able to work a varied schedule including holidays, nights and weekends as needed.
- Must be able to work a reasonable amount of overtime when required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
- Must be able to maneuver in and around all count rooms.
- Must be able to respond calmly in crisis and stressful situations, including employee conflicts.
- Must be able to push and pull carts and carry up to 75 pounds of boxes filled with currency.
- Must be able to grip objects and have good finger movement when counting and handling currency.
- Must be able to differentiate denominations of chips and authenticity of currency.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods.
- Must be able to operate a computer, 10-key adding machine, and money counter.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, reach, kneel, twist as necessary.
- Must be able to work in areas containing secondhand smoke, dust, loud noises and bright lights.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION VISIT OUR WEBSITE: https://harrahsnorcal.prismhr-hire.com/
Harrah’s reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, or marital status. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Preference is given to qualified Buena Vista Me-Wuk tribal members and members of other federally recognized tribes.