Market Engineer I (Desktop Engineer)
Provides specialized technical problem solving and problem resolution skills and be able to work with management and Enterprise IT to resolve complex business, computer system and data communication problems. Install, upgrade and maintain gaming hardware & software products.
- Required Associate degree in a computer-science related field or equivalent experience in a multiple Host Platform technical support environment.
- Required 1 - 3 years’ of work experience in a technical support environment, supporting multiple high-end computer systems.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have a general understanding of production operating systems, transaction processing systems, relational database architecture, wide and local area networks, communication protocols, real-time systems, mission-critical gaming systems, IT industry standards, as well as various types of computer terminal equipment.
- Must be able to provide On-call support - respond to the property on short notice for on call support, reachable during on call support duty and able to VPN to provide on call support.
- Must have home phone.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides specialized technical problem solving and problem resolution skills.
- Works with management and IT to resolve complex business, computer system and data communication problems.
- Installs, upgrades and maintains gaming hardware & software products.
- Plans and coordinates all hardware installations, changes and updates with vendors and users, adhering to the IT change control process.
- Administers and controls updates/changes to production programs, files and databases.
- Recommends application design changes to management to maximize resources.
- Plans, schedules and loads new versions of the host platform operating system and related vendor patches or temporary fixes as defined in the product support agreement.
- Provides first- or second-level problem determination/ isolation and recovery support for host platform computer systems.
- Updates, directs and escalates problems for final resolution. Analyzes and recommends tools and service aids for system/network operation and problem determination. Reports results from technical research, system performance reports and problem resolutions to upper management.
- Collects and analyzes system data for quality assurance of technical design and optimum system performance. Adjusts system parameters to achieve peak system performance.
- Administers systems and tools to analyze and secure computer system programs and database files to comply with audit and regulatory requirements.
- Assists in the research, evaluation and support of new technologies (hardware and software) for ongoing productivity and resource improvements.
- Assists in planning by communicating with project/product teams, clients and vendors.
- Contributes to the engineering process and roles as outlined in the HIT project management methodologies.
- Practices, and adheres to system management criteria and policies and procedures.
- Ensures established enterprise standards are followed and enforced during system implementations.
- Ensures that the infrastructure resources meet committed user expectations, including projects for future usage and growth.
- Analyzes infrastructure for evidence of unsatisfactory or unusual operating conditions.
- Builds knowledge of products and direction through vendor interaction.
- Appropriately leverages vendor resources to efficiently resolve issues.
- Attends HET and vendor provided training pertinent to this position and will pursue the necessary training to maintain and enhance their abilities.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Perform other duties as assigned traditionally performed by a Market Engineer I.
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
- Must be able to maneuver in and around casino and public areas.
- Must be able to note audio or visual warnings or error messages from system.
- Must be able to lift, carry, push, pull, handle, reach or grip 50 pounds, above or below shoulders
- Must be able to work in areas containing secondhand smoke, dust, loud noises and bright lights.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION VISIT OUR WEBSITE: https://harrahsnorcal.prismhr-hire.com/
Harrah’s reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, or marital status. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Preference is given to qualified Buena Vista Me-Wuk tribal members and members of other federally recognized tribes.