Responsible for supervising the day to day stewarding operations. Manages staffing shifts to ensure all assigned tasks are done. Inspects for quality work and maintains cleanliness of kitchen area. Leads and directs all aspects of washing and cleaning of food preparation areas.
- Required at least 3-years of stewarding or related janitorial experience.
- Must have a working knowledge of sanitation requirements.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have knowledge of P & L statements and budgets.
- Must be computer literate.
- Preferred 1-year in multi-outlet operation.
- Preferred 1-year in supervisory role.
- Preferred college degree.
- Preferred bilingual in Spanish.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for planning and preparation of annual budget and capital expense requests.
- Prepares weekly work schedules for all stewarding personnel.
- Establishes and conducts training programs for stewarding personnel.
- Encourages cross training.
- Maintains records required for the efficient operation of the department.
- Maintains approved labor costs.
- Counsels, guides and instructs personnel in the proper performance of their duties.
- Must be able to work closely with all levels of management.
- Trains, develops, and directs stewarding staff using approved management practices.
- Interviews and selects employees.
- Conducts performance reviews, makes recommendations for wage increases and promotions.
- Handles employees' complaints or grievances; recommends disciplinary action or disciplines employees.
- Completes all appropriate paperwork for the Stewards Department.
- Must be able to perform physical job duties of line employees if necessary.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Perform other duties as assigned traditionally performed by a Stewarding Supervisor.
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
- Must be able to maneuver and work inside kitchen area, sometimes in heat in excess of 100 degrees or cold in excess of 0 degrees.
- Must be able to stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, push and pull while performing kitchen duties.
- Must be able to respond calmly and make rational decisions when handling employee conflicts or in stressful situations.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to push and pull carts weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Must be able to use proper team lifting and carrying techniques.
- Must be able to operate all kitchen equipment and machinery.
- Must be able to operate a computer.
- Must have an understanding of pest elimination.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to work in areas containing secondhand smoke, dust, loud noises and bright lights.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION VISIT OUR WEBSITE: https://harrahsnorcal.prismhr-hire.com/
Harrah’s reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, or marital status. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Preference is given to qualified Buena Vista Me-Wuk tribal members and members of other federally recognized tribes.