Environmental Services (EVS) Lead
EVS Lead oversees the general EVS duties as assigned by regular schedule. Communicates shift team’s daily assignments and training. Updates all departmental logs to include outages that arise on shift. Ensures transitions between shifts are smooth and orderly.
- Required minimum of 1-year experience as an EVS cleaner or equivalent.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Required strong understanding and working knowledge of cleaning chemicals, cleaning techniques, and cleaning equipment.
- Required knowledge of HAZZ, COMM and BBP.
- Must possess strong people skills and problem-solving ability.
- Strong computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office.
- Preferred minimum of 2-years lead experience in EVS/Housekeeping, or related field.
- Preferred experience leading large work teams.
Essential Job Functions:
- Leads all cleaning operations and department personnel during assigned shifts.
- Leads the cleaning and follow-up of facilities and equipment.
- Contributes and assists in the evaluation of employee performance reviews.
- Provides and administers all new hire training.
- Maintains key control.
- Involved with the scheduling, disciplinary actions, payroll and inventory and purchasing procedures, but not solely responsible.
- Accountable for follow-through with department walk-thru, special cleaning projects and the maintaining of department cleanliness standards.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Perform other duties as assigned traditionally performed by an Environmental Services (EVS) Lead.
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Must be able to maneuver to all areas of the casino.
- Must be able to perform the physical duties of line employees in emergencies.
- Must be able to respond calmly and make rational decisions when handling guest and employee conflicts.
- Must be able to speak distinctly and persuasively to others.
- Must be able to work in areas containing secondhand smoke, dust, loud noises and bright lights.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION VISIT OUR WEBSITE: https://harrahsnorcal.prismhr-hire.com/
Harrah’s reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Preference is given to qualified Buena Vista Me-Wuk tribal members and members of other federally recognized tribes.
This position is included in the CBA with UNITE HERE! International Union.