Cook I - Marketplace
$2,000 Hiring/Retention Bonus
***See Details Below***
Ensures superior food preparation and presentation. Prioritizes cooking to fill food orders and plating in a quick, timely and accurate manner while keeping a safe, secure, and clean environment.
- Required 6-months prior experience as a cook or cook’s helper.
- Required local health department sanitation certificate/food handler’s card.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be able to provide own tools.
- Must possess good customer service and communication skills.
- Preferred previous working knowledge of point of sales system.
Essential Job Functions:
- Prepares, cooks and seasons all food; produces menu items to standards in a quick and efficient manner.
- Prepares items such as but not limited to salads, appetizers, beef, poultry, seafood, etc.
- Effectively and efficiently prepares food in fry cook broiler and garde manger.
- Controls food production in all work areas including proper cooking methods, proper cooking times and temperature.
- Adheres to kitchen maintenance and sanitation programs.
- Maintains assigned station and equipment in a clean and sanitary condition.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Perform other duties as assigned traditionally performed by a Cook I.
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
- Must be able to work inside a kitchen and on a fry line during most of shift.
- Must be able to work and maneuver in a close or small kitchen/working environment during entire shift.
- Must be able to tolerate areas with extreme hot and cold temperatures.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to push carts weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Must be able to use proper team lifting and carrying techniques.
- Must possess coordination and dexterity to use kitchen utensils such as knives, spatulas, food tongs, etc.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, reach, crouch, kneel, push, and pull when rotating stock and cleaning work area.
- Must be able to operate the following kitchen equipment: stoves, grills, fryers, broilers, and other utensils in preparing the food orders.
- Must be able to work in areas containing secondhand smoke, dust, loud noises and bright lights.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION VISIT OUR WEBSITE: https://harrahsnorcal.prismhr-hire.com/
Harrah’s reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, or marital status. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Preference is given to qualified Buena Vista Me-Wuk tribal members and members of other federally recognized tribes.
This position is included in the CBA with UNITE HERE! International Union.
After Orientation: $250.00
90 Days: $250.00
6 Months: $500.00
1 Year: $1,000
Total Bonus: $2,000
- Full time employees must work a minimum 780 hours within 6 months and 1560 hours within the year to be eligible. (average of 30 hours a week)
- Part time employees must work a minimum of 520 hours within 6 months and 1040 hours within the year. (average of 20 hours a week) **Part time employees are only eligible for 50% of the Retention Bonus amounts**
- Checks will be processed 1-2 pay periods after completion of the required time for payment. Taxes will be deducted.
- Must still be employed in the position hired into for the bonus payment