Special Events & Promotions Coordinator
Plans and executes assigned events, promotions, and other activities to ensure that programs effectively stimulate customer patronage at Harrah’s. Ensures activities are being held to a high standard and on a strict deadline to realize the highest quality.
- Required 1-year in organizing promotions/events or related activities.
- Required proficiency with Excel, Access, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Preferred college degree or credits in Marketing, Communications or Business concentration or equivalent experience.
Essential Job Functions:
- Oversees the planning of all special events and promotions assigned to ensure the highest quality experience for our guests.
- Analyzes proposed events, promotions, and direct mail programs to determine financial justification.
- Follows up with post analysis to measure success, make recommendations to improve based on results achieved.
- Constructs forecasts, recommendations and strategic/tactical plans based on business data and market knowledge.
- Adheres to timelines and due dates diligently as assigned.
- Creates offers to improve customer profitability through increased visitation and incremental play.
- Creates and tests programs to ensure quality assurance.
- Makes sure all special events/promotions are following appropriate timelines/schedules.
- Sets up test and control segments within offers to facilitate analysis of program success.
- Proofs direct mail creative, property signage, website, and variable offer information for clarity and accuracy.
- Responds to customer questions regarding account information and offers via telephone and e-mail.
- Coordinates with other departments, including but not limited to Caesars Rewards, Casino Marketing, Advertising, Employee Relations, Slot Operations, Slot Performance, Table Games, Security, Facilities, etc.
- Must be able to assist with other departments as needed.
- Develops and distributes internal communication regarding assigned promotions/events.
- Tracks all promotion/event expenses and ensures that they are submitted within a timely manner.
- Prepares and reviews all required paperwork to satisfy 1099 and tribal gaming requirements.
- Maintains security and confidentiality of files, records, and lists.
- Continually evaluates all events and promotions to ensure employee understanding, guest satisfaction and profitability. Makes recommendations for changes or new programs that will stimulate business.
- Maintains high standard of courtesy, professionalism, and discretion in communications to, or about; preferred players, their arrangements, and finances.
- Must have strong problem-solving abilities, combined with a capacity to work independently, and make appropriate decisions without supervision.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects at one time and to react well under pressure.
- Must have the ability to train quickly in other software programs such as: CMS, OCRM, ODM, PKMS, Everi Asset Editor, Scheduler, and EBS.
- Must possess excellent skills in project and people management, communication, and writing.
- Must have great attention to detail and motivation to drive projects to completion.
- Must have great short term and long-term memory.
- Must have the ability to operate in a team environment and represent the company in a positive way.
- Must be able to work a varied schedule including holidays, nights, and weekends.
- Must be able to work off property during special events.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English.
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
- Must be able to continuously maneuver around office.
- Must be able to move quickly around property during events.
- Must be able to bend, crouch, kneel, twist and work at a desk.
- Must be able to conduct conversations with customers, respond calmly and make rational decisions when handling guest concerns.
- Must have reliable transportation in case of offsite events.
- Must be able to use standard office equipment including but not limited to computer, keyboard, mouse, copy machine, printer, and facsimile.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, reach, pull and push up to 40 pounds.
- Must be able to work in areas containing secondhand smoke, dust, loud noises, and bright lights.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION VISIT OUR WEBSITE: https://harrahsnorcal.prismhr-hire.com/
Harrah’s reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, or marital status. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Preference is given to qualified Buena Vista Me-Wuk tribal members and members of other federally recognized tribes.