Groundskeeper - Porter
The porter is responsible for cleanliness and general upkeep of the facility grounds and entryways and patio areas.
- Required high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Experience in operation electric and gas-powered cleaning equipment.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Essential Job Functions:
- Empties trashcans located at all entries to the property, the parking lot, warehouse and EDC area.
- Wash trash cans as necessary for cleanliness and odor control.
- Physically walks the entire property and pick up all trash on grounds; this includes behind buildings and in shrubbery. Picks up all cigarette butts and disposes of them properly.
- Cleans entryways and vestibules of the Casino including cleaning the glass on all doors and windows, power-washing concrete and all benches located at entryway.
- Maintains cleanliness of the outside employee break area.
- Minor landscaping maintenance.
- Reports maintenance concerns through appropriate channels on any outside areas of the property to include lighting,
- Drives streetsweeper to clean parking lot as required.
- All team members will follow the Everyone Greets Everyone (EGE) policy. It is the expectation that every team member, front or back of house, should proactively seek out opportunities to greet guests and their fellow team members daily. EGE policy states teams members should: acknowledge guests and fellow team members within 10 feet; initiate friendly verbal greeting within 5 feet; keep your head up, look around (“head on a swivel”); look for opportunities to greet guests and others; please remember that when you are on the floor, you are “on stage”.
- Team members will participate in all mandatory meetings and pre-shift BUZZ sessions.
- Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to respond to visual and aural ques.
- Must present a well-groomed, professional appearance.
- Meets the attendance guidelines of the job and complies with all state, federal and regulatory policies and procedures.
- Must be able to work a varied schedule including holidays, nights and weekends as needed.
- Must be able to work a reasonable amount of overtime when required.
- Performs other duties as assigned traditionally performed by Porter.
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
- Must be able to work and quickly maneuver inside and outside, sometimes in temperatures in excess of 115 degrees and as cold as 10 degrees.
- Must be able to stoop, bend, jump, carry heavy loads on all surfaces, as well as, up and down stairs.
- Must be able to lift up to 100 pounds and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Must possess coordination and dexterity to work with power and hand tools.
- Must be able to think clearly and respond calmly in emergency situations.
- Must be able to work in areas containing secondhand smoke, dust, loud noises and bright lights.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION VISIT OUR WEBSITE: https://harrahsnorcal.prismhr-hire.com/
Harrah’s reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Preference is given to qualified Buena Vista Me-Wuk tribal members and members of other federally recognized tribes.
This position is included in the CBA with UNITE HERE! International Union.