Environmental Services (EVS) Specialist
Cleans and maintains all public areas in a manner which reflects the high standard of excellence of the Harrah’s Northern California.
- Must be a least 21 years of age.
- Preferred prior custodial or housekeeping experience.
- Must able to operate vacuum cleaners and floor cleaning equipment (mop, broom, etc.)
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintains assigned areas.
- Completes all tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- Cleans and sweeps paper and debris off the floor.
- Cleans and maintains slot machines and stands.
- Cleans walls, stalls, shelving, telephones, brass rails, doors, glass, mirrors and any surface needing cleaning attention.
- Cleans and maintains cleanliness of restrooms.
- Cleans and refreshes ashtrays and ash urns.
- Restocks work area with supplies (paper products) and chemicals.
- Performs proper and trained cleaning procedures when blood borne pathogens are involved.
- Vacuums and mops.
- Removes trash.
- Removes or transports items from one area to another as assigned.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Perform other duties as assigned traditionally performed by an Environmental Services (EVS) Specialist.
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Must be able to manage several tasks during shift.
- Must be able to work around crowded areas.
- Able to stoop, bend, reach and pull around casino & restroom areas.
- Able to tolerate cleaning chemicals without developing an allergic reaction.
- Must be able to work in areas containing secondhand smoke, dust, loud noises and bright lights.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION VISIT OUR WEBSITE: https://harrahsnorcal.prismhr-hire.com/
Harrah’s reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Preference is given to qualified Buena Vista Me-Wuk tribal members and members of other federally recognized tribes.
This position is included in the CBA with UNITE HERE! International Union.