Restaurant Cook I - Louie Oliver's
$2,000 Hiring/Retention Bonus
***See Details Below***
Cook all food orders, in a quick, timely and accurate manner. Ensure superior food preparation and presentation.
- Required 1 year experience as a cook or prep cook.
- Required local health department sanitation certificate/food handler’s card.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must possess good customer service and communication skills.
- Must pass Cook I assessment; audition may be required.
- Preferred fine dining experience, knowledge of multi-station plating, coursing of food.
Essential Job Functions:
- Read tickets; prepare and produce food items according to established menu plans in a quick and efficient manner.
- Prepare items such as but not limited to sauces, dressings, stocks, etc.
- Familiar with all phases of food preparation.
- Must show skills in fry cook, broiler, and Garde manger.
- At the direction of the expeditor, execute tasks and assignments in a timely and accurate manner.
- With guidance, assist with food production in all work areas including proper preparation, seasoning, and cooking methods, and proper cooking times and temperature.
- Adhere to kitchen maintenance and sanitation programs.
- Maintain assigned station and equipment in a clean and sanitary condition; assist in maintaining all kitchen stations and equipment.
- Complete daily check lists and fill downtime with instructions from team leaders.
- All team members will follow the Everyone Greets Everyone (EGE) policy. It is the expectation that every team member, front or back of house, should proactively seek out opportunities to greet guests and their fellow team members daily. EGE policy states teams members should: acknowledge guests and fellow team members within 10 feet; initiate friendly verbal greeting within 5 feet; keep your head up, look around (“head on a swivel”); look for opportunities to greet guests and others; please remember that when you are on the floor, you are “on stage”.
- Team members will participate in all mandatory meetings and pre-shift BUZZ sessions.
- Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to respond to visual and aural ques.
- Must present a well-groomed, professional appearance.
- Meets the attendance guidelines of the job and complies with all state, federal and regulatory policies and procedures.
- Must be able to work a varied schedule including holidays, nights and weekends as needed.
- Must be able to work a reasonable amount of overtime when required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
- Must be able to work and maneuver in a close or small kitchen/working environment during entire shift.
- Must be able to tolerate areas with extreme hot and cold temperatures.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to push carts weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Must be able to use proper team lifting and carrying techniques.
- Must be able to work in areas containing secondhand smoke, dust, loud noises and bright lights.
- Must possess coordination and dexterity to use kitchen utensils such as knives, spatulas, food tongs, etc.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, reach, crouch, kneel, push, and pull when rotating stock and cleaning work area.
- Must be able to operate the following kitchen equipment: stoves, grills, fryers, broilers, and other utensils in preparing the food orders.
Harrah’s reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, or marital status. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Preference is given to qualified Buena Vista Me-Wuk tribal members and members of other federally recognized tribes.
This position is included in the CBA with UNITE HERE! International Union.
After Orientation: $250.00
90 Days: $250.00
6 Months: $500.00
1 Year: $1,000
Total Bonus: $2,000
- Full time employees must work a minimum 780 hours within 6 months and 1560 hours within the year to be eligible. (average of 30 hours a week)
- Part time employees must work a minimum of 520 hours within 6 months and 1040 hours within the year. (average of 20 hours a week) **Part time employees are only eligible for 50% of the Retention Bonus amounts**
- Checks will be processed 1-2 pay periods after completion of the required time for payment. Taxes will be deducted.
- Must still be employed in the position hired into for the bonus payment