Table Games Supervisor
Supervises the operation of table games, placing special emphasis on guest service while securing casino assets. Monitors the day to day operations ensuring compliance with federal, state, and gaming laws. Creates a positive employee experience through motivation and coaching.
- Required high school diploma or equivalent.
- Required 3-years casino experience, preferably in pit operation.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Preferred knowledge of casino rules, regulations and procedures pertinent to pit operations.
- Must possess excellent customer relations, leadership and communication skills.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for the operation of table games on an assigned shift.
- Displays a working knowledge of all table games, house rules, counting methods and procedures covering each.
- Ensures that all coin and check racks are filled at all times.
- Settles any disputes with/among guests in the table games area, referring those that are very difficult to the Table Games Shift Manager, Table Games Manager or Vice President of Marketing & Casino Operations.
- Maintains positive interactions with guests, models interactive skills with guests and fellow employees and makes comp decisions.
- Remains alert to any unusual or questionable activities being displayed by any Table Games employee or gaming guest and reports any situations to assigned superior.
- Recommends changes in department including hiring, promotion, demotion and termination; recommends wage and salary changes for personnel within established limits.
- Counsels, guides, coaches and instructs assigned personnel in the proper performance of their duties.
- Prepares and coordinates the periodical performance review of assigned personnel.
- Ensures safety and security of team members and guests.
- Handles employees' complaints or grievances.
- Recommends disciplinary action or disciplines employees.
- All team members will follow the Everyone Greets Everyone (EGE) policy. It is the expectation that every team member, front or back of house, should proactively seek out opportunities to greet guests and their fellow team members daily. EGE policy states teams members should: acknowledge guests and fellow team members within 10 feet; initiate friendly verbal greeting within 5 feet; keep your head up, look around (“head on a swivel”); look for opportunities to greet guests and others; please remember that when you are on the floor, you are “on stage”.
- Team members will participate in all mandatory meetings and pre-shift BUZZ sessions.
- Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to respond to visual and aural ques.
- Must present a well-groomed, professional appearance.
- Meets the attendance guidelines of the job and complies with all state, federal and regulatory policies and procedures.
- Must be able to work a varied schedule including holidays, nights and weekends as needed.
- Must be able to work a reasonable amount of overtime when required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
- Must be able to work inside and continuously maneuver in and around assigned table in the pit department during entire shift, with regular interval breaks.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Must be able to bend, reach, kneel, twist and grip items.
- Must be able to walk and be on feet for long periods of time.
- Must be able to respond calmly and handle many customer demands in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to memorize game rules and procedures.
- Must be able to quickly and accurately perform mathematical computations when determining winners and losers and collecting and paying out bets.
- Must possess good manual dexterity for quick and accurate handling of chips, cards and money.
- Must have excellent vision (including peripheral) to protect the games.
- Must be able to read, verify and sign appropriate documents relating to the game in a small area.
- Must be able to work in areas containing secondhand smoke, dust, loud noises and bright lights.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION VISIT OUR WEBSITE: https://harrahsnorcal.prismhr-hire.com/
Harrah’s reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, or marital status. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Preference is given to qualified Buena Vista Me-Wuk tribal members and members of other federally recognized tribes.